Jump to content
3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Supreme Cmdr

PC Game Sales - Top 20 games of 2003

Recommended Posts

Start crying...

1 The Sims: Superstar Expansion Pack Electronic Arts CD Windows May-03 Life Simulation 497,700

2 The Sims Deluxe Electronic Arts CD Windows Sep-02 Life Simulation 458,100

3 Command & Conquer: Generals Electronic Arts CD Windows Feb-03 Real-Time Strategy 395,900

4 Warcraft III: Frozen Throne Expansion Pack Vivendi Universal Publishing CD Windows Jun-03 Real-Time Strategy 364,700

5 The Sims: Makin' Magic Expansion Pack Electronic Arts CD Windows Oct-03 Life Simulation 362,300

6 The Sims: Unleashed Expansion Pack Electronic Arts CD Windows Sep-02 Life Simulation 358,900

7 Sim City 4 Electronic Arts CD Windows Jan-03 Life Simulation 355,100

8 Call Of Duty Activision CD Windows Oct-03 1st Person Shooter 310,100

9 MS Age Of Mythology Microsoft CD Windows Oct-02 Real-Time Strategy 303,300

10 Battlefield 1942 Electronic Arts CD Windows Sep-02 1st Person Shooter 293,000

11 MS Zoo Tycoon Microsoft CD Windows Oct-01 Life Simulation 267,000

12 Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Atari CD Windows Oct-02 Life Simulation 258,200

13 Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos Vivendi Universal Publishing CD Windows Jun-02 Real-Time Strategy 241,000

14 MS Flight Simulator 2004: Century Of Flight Microsoft CD Windows Jul-03 Flight Oriented Simulations 238,100

15 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided LucasArts CD Windows Jun-03 RPG 222,000

16 Battlefield 1942: Road To Rome Expansion Pack Electronic Arts CD Windows Feb-03 1st Person Shooter 221,700

17 Diablo 2 Vivendi Universal Publishing CD Windows Jan-99 RPG 213,900

18 MS Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection Microsoft CD Windows Aug-03 Life Simulation 203,000

19 Halo: Combat Evolved Microsoft CD Windows Sep-03 1st Person Shooter 202,600

20 MS Age Of Empires 2: Age of Kings Microsoft CD Windows Aug-99 Real-Time Strategy 198,800

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would appear EA is running out of money... Darn, not a single racing or space sim (non-MMORPG type) in the bunch.

Hmm, Britneys Dancing game didn't make it--last I heard that one sold 75 million copies.

rvs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by rvs:

Hmm, Britneys Dancing game didn't make it--last I heard that one sold 75 million copies.

rvs


Yeah right. Don't make come over there and smack you man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by rvs:

Hmm, Britneys Dancing game didn't make it--last I heard that one sold 75 million copies.

rvs

Yeah right. Don't make come over there and smack you man.


Sorry about that, could not resist

rvs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This list is proof that The Sims is some sort of government mind control experiment!!!

(arrrghhh... I can never find my tin foil hat when I need it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Fox__Trot

Call of duty didnt make that list? aggghhhh!!!

Why!!!! why god why!!!!

ah well I guess im not surprised to see the sims on top of the list -- to bad maxis is now part of ea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Alternate Universe's Top 10 Selling Games of 2003

The Alternate Universe is the the Mirror world in Star Trek, a place where people see things differently, game reviewers live and die for good space-sims, and games come out on time.

1. Battlecruiser Millenium Gold

2. Battlecruiser Millenium

3. Universal Combat

4. Half-Life 2

5. Halo 2

6. Doom III

7. Eve

8. Morrowwind GOTY

9. Homeworld 2

10. Battlecruiser 3000ad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by StarRider:

The Alternate Universe's Top 10 Selling Games of 2003

The Alternate Universe is the the Mirror world in Star Trek, a place where people see things differently, game reviewers live and die for good space-sims, and games come out on time.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL The Sims???

Nothing more than a Barbie and Ken computer game.

I guess it sold well because there was such a vacuum in the PC game market for pre-adolescent girls, geeks and lonely perverts. It was a gold mine waiting to be tapped.

DOAEBV took care of all them raging hormone pre-adolescent boys.

I'm surprised it wasn't in the list.

Mothers tend to shield their little boys from such things, but apparently Dad was right in there with his daughter playing the Sims.

Creating mom in the virtual world and laughing at her lamentations while virtually cooped up in a 4x4 cubicle to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shesh there used to be a time when I could look at that list and be proud to own 90% of the titles on it.

But now - I own Star Wars Galaxies and Diablo II and thats about it. But considering how many times "THE SIMS" is listed I'm happy with my ownership record again this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

LOL The Sims???

Nothing more than a Barbie and Ken computer game.

I guess it sold well because there was such a vacuum in the PC game market for pre-adolescent girls, geeks and lonely perverts. It was a gold mine waiting to be tapped.

DOAEBV took care of all them raging hormone pre-adolescent boys.

I'm surprised it wasn't in the list.

Mothers tend to shield their little boys from such things, but apparently Dad was right in there with his daughter playing the Sims.

Creating mom in the virtual world and laughing at her lamentations while virtually cooped up in a 4x4 cubicle to die.

Yeah but its not that negative. The reason the Sims are so big is because it involves something the WHOLE family can get into. I mean how many of you in here can play UC or BCMG with your wives and get the same level of enjoyment out of it. So are they tapping that, yeah they are and if they continue to keep coming out with what people want then it will be on a lot of people's Top 10 list for a long time to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×