Battlezone II Patch

Guest Shingen

Most Excellent!

Hey, have you played all the way through that fan-made sequel BZ2 - Forgotten Enemies?

Talk about hard-core gamin'.

• 2 months later...
Guest Shingen

Has anyone tried the 1.3 patch yet?

I played the SP up to mission 10 (snow blind)last night, and the graphics are killer now that they've been made DX9 compatible. They were pretty good before, but you can really tell the difference.

The AI has been reworked it seems. They do seem to be a little smarter then they were in the 1.2 patch, using multiple/combined forces, but the game can still be won fairly easily with superior tactics.

Sadly BZ2-FE doesn't yet work with the 1.3 patch...but it's still a good way to kill an evening - when you need a break from UC.

oh my freaking god. I don't believe they would EVER finish it.

I just hoped they fixed the "flying scout" exploit where a razor could jump and stay so high that a tank could not aim high enough .. hhmmppff.

Edit : I didn't read it all

quote:

A special note: one of the bugs fixed is the infinite flying bug present in BZ2 1.0 - 1.2. This was removed because it is considered to be a bug by those of us who worked on BZ2 from the beginning. It is not due to complaints from "newbies" or the like. Certain people certainly feel strongly about this. Fine. Your feelings are not an argument. Whining about this will not change anything-- we've heard such complaints for years, and your comments will only serve to harden our resolve in this. If you still think you must comment, see

BZ2 is maybe my favorite all-time game. I played BZ2:FE and also the G66 mod .. and the AI is just unbeatable at times (playing easy 2 players vs 1 ai and we had trouble) .. but the memory leaks were just horrendous ...

Guest Shingen

quote:

BZ2 is maybe my favorite all-time game. I played BZ2:FE and also the G66 mod .. and the AI is just unbeatable at times (playing easy 2 players vs 1 ai and we had trouble) .. but the memory leaks were just horrendous ...

Tell me about it... it seems to be fixed though..but I'm not running it on my old 450mhz either.

When you wanna go H2H in MP, let me know.

Guest Shingen

I haven't used ICQ in years.

If you install BZ2, then the 1.3 patch, I think it gives access to the #BZ2channel (or somesuch) in the MP area of the game...or I guess I could go get ICQ again.

I'm just getting back into this game, so maybe we could play a few against the AI to warm up.