UC vs X2,Freelancer

AlbietheOne

Dammit. I just came back from ComUSA's website. I think I got ripped off. This whole thing was an impulse buy. Now I realize I should've gotten a 6600 or 6800, which wasn't on the shelf. Probly will go exchange this weekend.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Dammit. I just came back from ComUSA's website. I think I got ripped off. This whole thing was an impulse buy. Now I realize I should've gotten a 6600 or 6800, which wasn't on the shelf. Probly will go exchange this weekend.

LMAO!!! I hope you still have the box and the receipt.

The only WISH, I have for AWA, is that you could change ships. Secondly I would like to see a new set of ships in the future versions whether it is a battlecruiser game or a UC game, these ships in AWA have been used for a while now.

Also I would like to see race specific ships. Because you can still have general ships which each race can have access to, but specific ships such as military ships for the military caste.

I don't get what you are saying.

In Battlecruiser series the ships have always been race specific and caste (trader, politician, military) specific.

How can you say you would like to see different race ships and specific ships for the military when that already exists?

Because, anybody fly's anything, check it, you see Vesperon Questars, Droidan Questars, etc etc,, I am saying a military ship like the Questar should be race specific. As in Questar for Galcom, and storm carrier only for Gammulan.... no pirate Storm carriers etc etc...

With the sharing of technology by Galcom member races, Vesperon etc... then they can share the ships , because they are in essence Galcom, but Droidan have access to same ships Vesperons and Humans do...

thats what I mean.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

The only WISH, I have for AWA, is that you could change ships.

Maybe in a future UC game, if I do another one after AWA. Nevertheless, its not as easy as you think or I'd have done it a long time ago. Its not just a matter of giving the player a new ship (or having them buy a new one and swap the current one). There are issues of cargo, personnel and whatnot to consider. e.g. what if the new ship takes less personnel and less cargo? What happens to those which you can't transfer?

quote:

Secondly I would like to see a new set of ships in the future versions whether it is a battlecruiser game or a UC game, these ships in AWA have been used for a while now.

Thats never going to happen. The universe and the tech are set. How often have you seen new ships in any sci-fi game, movie (e.g. ST, SW et al). You don't just go adding something just for the heck of it.

quote:

Also I would like to see race specific ships. Because you can still have general ships which each race can have access to, but specific ships such as military ships for the military caste.

Thats never going to happen either. There aren't enough to go around; given the number of race and castes in the game world.

X2 is good for burning time, X3 all the way, it rocks, cap ships are pretty cool and its awesome to be able own more than one ship, it and uc are different. UC is exploring based and more close ended than X3, but X3 can not deliver on cap ship combat and isn't as realistic, in short,

UC is traditional cap ship accelling combat

X3 is squad base dog fighting and is better in every other aspect but realism, so it's a tie. Sim fans for a realistic galaxy, X3, lightning fast combat cap ships, UC

Freelancer- sucks after you get enough cash. There is an antidote. Easier online play and all the mods make it worth while.

so ties all around