Duke Nukem Forever - New Info!!

Wow!!! It will support a truly revolutionary save anywhere system!!

Read all about it here. See?! I knew there was something truly cool going on at 3DRealms and which has kept this game almost 8 years in development.

[ 03-24-2004, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I was under the impression they had already cancelled this... or am I thinking of Team Fortress 2?

Nice comments:

"You people need to realize that this game game will in fact not have any save feature at all because the damn thing will never be finished or released."- Boring

"I'm sure they just finished getting that feature coded in and debugged. Of course, because it's from 3D Realms, it's going to be the best f'ing save-anywhere system ever used by any game ever, and will kick the (crap) out of just about any other games save-anywhere systems.

Maybe the devs should work on a system to save their dignity anywhere instead."- Ziggy

On a side note - check out this Max Payne 2 screenie to show that 3drealms are capable of some great stuff:

They don't allow direct linking so copy/paste this:

www.3drealms.com/max2/images/screenshotcontest/actionwinner320.jpg

And this blurb on their website:

quote:

The release date of this game is "When it's done". Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation. There is no date. We don't know any date. If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not. They are making it up. There is no date. Period.

And yes, we know the game has taken a long time. There's no possible joke you could make about the game's development time that we haven't already heard.

That's been the mantra for years now... so I can hardly take any "Ooh it's gonna have this new feature" because if it drags out too long, other games will surpass and replace it with better features.

Duke Nukem takes forever - mispelled thread title anyway SC

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

On a side note - check out this Max Payne 2 screenie to show that 3drealms are capable of some great stuff:

uhm, that was developed by Remedy.

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

quote:

Anyone actually know what engine they are building it around?

An announcement that they are switching to the CRY Engine is imminent.

LMAO!!!

Hilarity ensues:

George from 3Drealms said the following:

ÔÇ£ I don't think we care about E3 anymore and may never go again.ÔÇØ

http://www.gamegossip.com/comment.php?id=6478

Some genious quotes!

"DNF... a future Gameboy exclusive."

"DNF stories bore me. I wish they cancelled it for good so we can move on and make jokes about other games."

"Wow, I bet this game woulda been state of the art in like...1997."

"" wtf, aren't weapons usually named pretty early in the design phase? Weak ass shit. "

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to come up with this kind of stuff?

Names like 'pistol' and 'shotgun' don't just fall out of the sky, ya know. "

"I'm so tired of hearing about DNF. I was really excited about the game when it was announced some time back in the 1990's, but now it's been like what, 8 years since it was announced? I've lost track, and at this point I'm so fed up with 3DRealms that even if they ever did finish it, which is doubtful, I'd refuse to buy the game no matter how good it is, just out of spite, because that's how completely ridiculous this delay has become.

They don't deserve gamers' money as far as I'm concerned. Instead of releasing DNF years ago, they've released a bunch of really mediocre games, making a ton of money. Whatever artistic integrity they ever had was sold out to greed a long time ago."

""Someone needs to make a Duke mod using the Unreal Tornament 2004 engine. Once the geniuses at 3D-Realms see it and play it, they'll scrap production on DNF and start all over again out of fear of not being able to compete. This will set them back another 3, 4, etc. years."

The mod would be called "it's done!" Thats something I would like to see."

quote:

quote:

uhm, that was developed by Remedy.

Then does 3DRealms own the IP? Cause both 3Drealms and Rockstar are also listed on the website.

Its complex. The reason Rocstar is listed, is because thats the Take Two label (was previously GodGames of which 3DR was a part - now gone the way of the Dodo) is it under. 3DRealms signed Remedy and then sold the IP to Take Two. Like I said, its complex, but Remedy developed both Max Payne titles, even though 3DR had some creative input.

[ 03-24-2004, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Yeah I had thought something involved with DNF was out of business... Gathering of Developers eh?

Yeah it is complex... what has 3DRealms developed lately?

Yeah much as I understand when development might last awhile - this is a good case of a group announcing something way the hell before it is ready.

And from what I've read, they keep getting cold feet whenever they see something new that makes their game look crappy by comparison - so they steal what they think looks good and start over with "all new features". I can sympathize somewhat because in my NWN module development I keep starting over when I get almost complete because I feel I can do better... if I ever release what I'm working on it'll probably be well received at least.

But with DNF - they have taken so long that any minor bugs it has are going to be met with a hailstorm of flames... I can just hear it now -

"WTF this should have been easy to fix what with 8 years and all to fix the bugs!!!"

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

what has 3DRealms developed lately?

nuthin'. At least not in the past eight years since the last Duke.

then I was mistaken when I thought "Manhatten Project" would be from 3DR. that is really lame....

I loved the original Duke Nukems..I stopped messing with them, when they eliminated the 1st person modes. If they did'nt, then I mis-read the box; never-the-less, I lost intrest in them because of that.

could be: Duke Nukem Forever...is exactly what the title says:...FOREVER......!!

One big Joke...similar to EVERLASTING PEACE...or ETERNAL BLISS

[ 06-08-2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: street ]