FarCry

ProXimity

Anyone else pick this up?!?

OMG..

Yeah, FPS shooter, like many others, however, 'eye-candy' has been re-defined. The detail is really something else. I shot up some guys in a boat, they fell in the water and I could see there blood clouding the water..

Was trying to figure out during install why it spans 5 CDs?!? Gotta be the textures. They used photos for all the vegetation. Okay, there is a Binky movie too.. hehe

Kinda feels like being in that movie 'WestWorld,' except its 'TropicalWorld.' Recommened for those days when commanding has yer brain tired.

ProX

I really like the intro. Its almost movie quality in many ways and the in game visuals are stunning to say the least. The best I've seen in a first person shooter so far.

The AI needs quite a bit of work but it looks to be a fun romp on a beautifuly rendered island.

If only I could stop playing UT2004 -Onslaught.

quote:

The AI cheats. 'nuff said. [/QB]

Yeah, I tend to agree w/ that to a degree. I was prone behind some rocks. Once 'they' heard me they would say, "did you see that" every time I made the slightest move (note: behind rocks.)

Another incident w/ the AI that either makes the player think its REALLY smart, or cheating is how the mercs will position themselves in the brush all around you, if you don't have them tagged w/ the crytek binoculars.

I was driving along and they didn't start firing away until they had a 5 o'clk and 11 o'clk positions on me.

ProX

Yeah, the AI has genetically improved hearing. Maybe thats part of the story? There's something going on with a genetic scientist right?

Anyway, the key is to move after shooting. Stay put and your toast.

Best FPS since Half Life. The gameplay is THAT good IMO. Its not just eye candy.

Guest Fox__Trot

Um guys just crank up the speakers

Besides BF has never intrested me so I went ahead and bought Far Cry ... ill go get it tommorow and file a complete review in my rubbish fourm tommorow

Yes I will join the ranks of FarCry players. Its a very intense game with some very nice graphics.

Reminds me a lot of the good old' HL days. Until now a really good SP game with a lot of actions and a very exciting story. Gets pretty spooky...

Played it for a few levels until the wow factor wore off. Now it's just another FPS (albeit a gorgeous one), uninstalling as I type this.

REALLY disappointed in the theme, but as far as that goes it is the cream of the crop at the moment. I guess I'm just tired of the same old FPS style gameplay sitting behind a new paint job.

Guest Fox__Trot

Yeah i'm not playing it anymore the WOW factor really does ware off after the factory level ah well

I dont like it I dont recomend it the demo makes it feel like a great game then it's just merely a good FPS

damnit wheres my Total Anihalation 3

• 2 years later...

Ok dead thread necromancy warning (this piece of dark arts brought to you by your friendly neighborhood search button)

I finally (two years late) managed to get around to getting this game. well being the glutton for torture I seem to be, I decided what the heck lets play on realistic with adaptive ai.

so far not too bad of a game but my word some parts of this are just down insane. So far I'm about half way through and headshots are my friend.

As far as gameplay goes its pretty good though I want to curse the developers of some of the control functionality and vehicle physics.

not that... the vehicles just seem "floaty" like you can't get precise control of them and the turret operation is nearly impossible to accurately aim with. I find that it is better to just tear though at high speed and run over all you can than to try to shoot them or otherwise fight enemies while in a vehicle