BC3000AD for Dreamcast?

Guest Nikolai

Guest Nikolai

I read on the web (and believe me I know how reliable that is) that some version or other of BC3000AD will be made for the Dreamcast. This would be a switch, so far as I'm concerned, considering that every Dreamcast game I've seen so far is made for the moron market, and BC3000AD is at the opposite end of the spectrum. Anyway, I'm about to return my Dreamcast (I've got 10 days) for the very reason that the games (like a certain type of woman) are beautiful but stupid. If there's truth to the BC3000AD for Dreamcast rumor, however, I just may hold onto the system. Is is true or bs?

Quote from SC from aquite a while ago:

quote:

I have two experienced teams that I am happy with. If I hire any of the B5 team (and I have already offered this to a couple of them) it will be for either BC:3030AD or the Dreamcast version of BC3K and they will be working, as with the new Team B guys, from already established engines. Why mess with perfection?

and more recently:

quote:

Yes, thats what I said. BCM and my console game, will probably be the last single-player BC3K title that I do.

Whether console referred to the Dreamcast or the PS2, I'm not totally sure. I have this vague memory that it would be available on both, but I'm very unsure of that, so don't quote me there

He also said somewhere that it would be a simplified version, but I can't find that quote right now.

Anyway, those who know for sure correct/confirm what I've said, please.

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration

Initiate - Order of Jade Dragon

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

For one thing, the BC3K titles are too huge to port to any console. If there ever is a console variation of a BC3K game, it will be based on XC, dumbed down and geared toward the moron market* (your words, not mine).

*moron market - the millions of people who buy console games, resulting in billion dollar revenues.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 04-05-2000).]

Guest Nikolai

Okay thanks. Goodbye Dreamcast. I never said the moron market didn't have its appeal (cash) just like those certain beautiful women (no comment). But you must admit SC, if $ was your driving force, you wouldn't have stuck it out for years and perfected this awesome game. If you had started law school when you started work on this game, you'd be a millionaire by now (but you'd be miserable, I know firsthand). It's no coincidence, as I see it, that this game is associated in people's minds not with a development company or marketing company (where quarterly profits are put above all else), but with one obssessively driven individual. Sort of Field of Dreams thing.