Unreal Tournament 2004

JCMan

Do you play Unreal Tournament 2004? If so, what do you think about it. I bought it on the day it came out (And BFV too) but due to a crisis I was unable to actually play it until now.

I love the idea of vehicles in the game, and they managed to get the game to actually feel right this time around. UT2003 just felt so sucky for some reason. DM, CTF, and all the other gametypes are now a blast to play again. I play alot of BZII (Battlezone 2) and Battlefield, but I love the way they made onslaught! Seems like I had another game from days of old where you would need to control "power nodes"...... Time to dig in my stash of games from ages lost......oooo...Earthseige.....

I love Onslaught!!!

To be honest I haven't played CTF or DM much with UT2004. I have played these games so many times over the years that I'm pretty much bored with them. Even new levels don't interest me that much, but Onslaught rules!!!

I haven't had this much fun gaming online in years!!!

I will pick up the collector's edition DVD next month. That way I don't have a multi-disc install, and I get all the freebies and such with the DVD.

quote:

By $iLk

That way I don't have a multi-disc install, and I get all the freebies and such with the DVD.

Yea, I hate multi disk installs too. 6 CDs! BTW, what is on the DVD that is not on regular?

quote:

By DeepFreeze:

Earthsiege came before starsiege right?

Yup. I still have Earthseige and Earthseige 2. Never got a chance to get Starseige. It goes like this: Earthseige, Earthseige 2, Starseige, Starseige Tribes, Tribes 2, and now Tribes Vengence. How they got Tribes out of the whole deal I have no idea, but if they stuck with the mechs we would have a game that would blow that average Mechwarrior away!

It's true....onslaught is just so addicting! But I seriously hope UC:E2E will blow it away.

The UT2004 DVD comes with extra modding tools, extra maps, and extra other stuff that I can't remember. It sounded cool - check EBGames for a listing.

UT2004 a definite must buy for any FPS fan... but even if you just want to see exquisite level design and listen to a rocking soundtrack with over 60 tracks (they put all the music from previous Unreal games in this one along with new stuff) this game is worth the price of admission. Add to that the voice chat over a headset and you have bar none the best twitch shooter to come down the road in a long time. Doom? Half Life 2? Painkiller? (too bad for Painkiller bad timing m'thinks with them releasing it this week). Those games can take their sweet time coming out, I have plenty of game here to last me a while.

If you dig shooters this is a MUST HAVE for the collection. And yes Tribes Vengeance looks good... it'll be nice to don the armor again.

Cheers!

I picked up the DVD Edition yesterday even though it's not supposed to be out yet - the Gamestop in the Galleria had like 2 copies sitting on the shelf.

Will be installing it probably tonight.