Silent Hunter III

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. I played the first Silent Hunter and loved it. I have the second Silent Hunter II U-boat combat sim and loved that one too that I even went out and bought Destroyer command to play multiplayer between the two which I think is a great idea where you and friends can either play sub or surface and go at it. Great to see that a third is in the works with upgraded graphics to compliment this sim series. I just checked out the trailer whoa! And this Crew added

[ 04-28-2004, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

Guest rtoolooze

Ya, I've been looking foward to this one. The graphics are nice.

Its too bad we can't have an entire Pacific Theater type sim with these kinda 3d graphics. Couple that with the depth of Matrix Games "War in the Pacific", which is to be released this summer, (hoping) and we'd have a winner I think.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Looks quite nice, but how will it play? Hopefully it will play well too.

Well, unless they totally balls it up from SH2, it will play quite well. SH2 gave a good idea of what it must have been like piloting a sub - most of your time was spent on recon work and getting into position, with quite a bit of time spent just waiting for the nice, juicy fat ships to steam into view followed by an adrenaline rush as you fired and tried to cause as much damage to the convoy as possible before the destroyers zeroed you, then a speedy dive deep and a lot of tension as you try to sneak away without getting depth-charged.

quote:

Originally posted by rtoolooze:

Ya, I've been looking foward to this one. The graphics are nice.

Its too bad we can't have an entire Pacific Theater type sim with these kinda 3d graphics. Couple that with the depth of Matrix Games "War in the Pacific", which is to be released this summer, (hoping) and we'd have a winner I think.

It would be nice if they carry over the Destroyer command for this one too and maybe add in an Air command too this way players can have a three some Multiplayer by Air, Ocean surface and Under surface.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow... im very suprised that so many people have played the silent hunter series... i thought i was the only one. Like everyone else, i cant wait to try the third one out.

heh, being my manical self i tried to make my cc make like a submarine. It didnt work ><

EDIT: Woah, did anybody miss this?

"The interior is modelled in detail with all the control and feedback instruments available to use. It will be possible to access manually all the controls in 3D."

Finally, it looks like there is a certain degree of ability to walk the sub. Im suprised they didnt "fully" implement it though.

• 6 months later...