Can you take screenshots with Xbox?

Now I know this may be a dumb question, but I've been thinking of how people (like devs) get pics of their game running on an xbox.

I believe it could be either of these:

1) They connect the xbox to a computer via the cable cord and perhaps use some type of software to capture images while the game is running.

2) They use a computer that is outfitted with the same hardware and software as an Xbox and use a normal piece of software to take images.

Now as an Xbox owner I am not only curious (I'm not a cat) because I don't know, but cause I would like to take pics of playing games on my xbox and games (ie. KnightBlade) I will have.

Its trivial. Using the XBox dev kit (which comes with a special XBox HW different from the retail), you just pass it through either a VGA box so that you take screen shots displayed on your monitor.

Or you can run the same rig using a PC video card with a video in (e.g. ATI's marvelous All-In-Window boards or a dedicated VGA capture board)etc.

Or you could run the output to your VCR, capture it to tape, then run that back to the PC and save it as MPEG (or similar), then load that into a program (e.g. Adobe Premiere, Windows Movie Maker etc) and extract the frames you want to TGA or similar format.

There are many, many ways to do it. Search Google and you'll come up with several.

*moved*