Geforce 2 Ultra

I gotta say, this is the mother of all graphic cards on the market right now with the highest price tag of around 500 bucks. Beats the Radeon and the rest hands down. Investing in a card but hate to constantly upgrade? Buy this. This card will be excellent for BCM since most of these cards like the Radeon and the Geforce GTS cards with their exclusive GPU processors handle some of the CPU's tasks during gameplay and since BCM is CPU dependent, your pc will thank you for the purchase. This is a great card for the low-end pc owners. The Ultra won't become obsolete very fast.

------------------

Cmdr. Kron

ICV Darkness, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Spectre Fleet

I've been razzing Hercules for one of those, but their PR department doesn't have any to send out yet. Poop. And my preview copy of Giants runs at a whopping 0.02-and-a-quarter FPS on my Voodoo 3, unless I reduce the visual distance to "Turok 2".

Lets hope they at least have a 3d Prophet DDR-DVI in smile.gif

Cripes, a year ago I wouldn't have dreamed of saying that. I've been a hardcore 3dfx fanboy since the beginning, but these days I'm just starting to loose my grip...

------------------

Commodore. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Sanctuary Storage Facility (Sygan)

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

I think the race is on between ATI and NVidia.

I'm trying to find the roadmap of Ati graphics cards. If my memory is right, the Radeon II should be out before end of year.

Another chip war smile.gif

------------------

Commander M. Pelletier

GVC Dark Angel

Prime Fleet, Galcom HQ(EARTH)

Well, from the tests, I'd say the RAEDON has the better 'GPU' in 32bit color mode. However, I trust Nvidia to put out better drivers for the gamer and drivers can make or break any card.

So, the question between two giants is no longer "what features are supported" but "who has the better drivers".

Personally, I wouldn't touch either. I'd take the 500 and get myself a good flat screen 19" monitor. Then, when the time came, I'd get a GLINT based video card or something with even more horsepower smile.gif That is, providing I already had a quad processor mobo running xeon's smile.gif

I ordered a 3d Prophet 2 GTS TV Out, but the company I ordered it from put the wrong box in my order (dreamweaver 3? does that look anything like a graphics card?? cwm13.gif ) Then when I sent it back and asked when my card was arriving. "Sorry, but that's out of stock now. Won't be here for at least another 10 days, and I wouldn't count on that cwm23.gif I then looked around, went to a local shop and got a Radeon 64DDR VIVO OEM in two days and saved meself 10 quid! I think I did pretty well biggrin.gif except it isn't supported in win95 frown.gif only win2k, 98 and ME. I've got win2k, so it's not a huge problem, but I can't try out the tech demo in win2k frown.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Centauri Flight Group Leader, Defence Wing - ISS Fleet

email:[email protected]

"honour is what on man can give you, and no man can take away"