Radeon 7500/8500 should you buy?????

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Heavy handed? I want a joystick that works, heavy hand or not!

They could build joysticks that are more durable, but they don't.

I've been burned in the past by most flight stick makers, and now I only buy one cheap enough that I don't mind throwing it away when it falls apart.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err what about Kyro3? Aren't they supposed to be good when they come out? Nah I'll get a GeForce3 in Christmas.

By the way I'll be getting an MS Precission Pro2 in a few hours. I know I loved my Saiteks but just like my ex's....they think I'm too rough!!

*Wifey walks in, sees post and begins chasing Fendi around the room with a claymore*

Originally posted by Kush:

[QB]Heavy handed? I want a joystick that works, heavy hand or not! [/quote

It will work (obviously it worked out of the box. doh!) - but if you misuse it by manhandling it or by being heavy handed, it will reduce its lifetime. Hiding being what you posted above, ranks right up there with going 120mph in a 45mph zone, just because your car's odometer goes up to 120mph.

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Nah I would never break the speed limit (more than 5mph over anyway) on a build up area. I think it's more to do with the heavy accellerating on the motorway (0-60mph in 6 seconds) and the quick gear change.

My Porsche 924's (81 model) gear box was an auto and I accidently went from R to D while still reversing slowly (which should've been okay in a manual).

ouch! That hadda hurt Fendi. Such abuse to such a fine automobile should be illegal

Hell, when I when go from D to R in the 500SL, I actually look down at the damn thing.....at least since I put the 325i in D when I meant R...and drove into the garage wall. Thank God I don't floor it when I pull out, or I'd have ended up in the laundry room and covered in diapers.

Lol. Get a manual instead of an auto and I promise you that you will never crash into a wall again.

I've also got the perfect car for you then, a nice 1989 200SX turbo cared and loved by yours trully for a very sensible price which has never been modified *cough*. Just ignore the crackling in the bass as the engine is just interfering with the audio system.

Vehicles I had:

1. Kawasaki KIPPS (friend gave it to me, sold it after a friend died on his bike)

2. Ford Capri (don't laugh it was my first car for 50 pounds, clutch cable kept snapping)

3. Ford Orion (sold)

4. Porsche 924 auto(It would have cost me more to fix it than the car itself at 2000 pounds)

5. Proton Persona/Wira auto (Wedding present still parked in Malaysia)

6. Alpha Romeo 164 (Bought it with gambling money....sold)

7. Nissan 200SX (Offers anyone?) Need a bigger car in case wifey wants another baby.

But SC wins with his Ferrari any day

I had to drive my moms car once, and it's an automatic. My car is a manual so I am used to switching gears and all, so I am stopped at the red light, then it turns green and with my left foot I am trying to find the clutch (forgot it's an automatic), time passes, people behind me are starting to honk, I am getting frustrated, then finally I get so pissed that I look down where my feet are and see only two pedals, realizing that it's an automatic I step on the gas and pass the intersection just as the light turns yellow, I can just imagine how mad those people were that had to wait for the light to turn green again, but I was out of there fast.

GeForce3 Ti 500 is the card that we should be waiting for.

I like Saitek's feel and everything but I've got this stupid 'hands of destruction' syndrome. I didn't like the 'feel' of the original M$ Precission Pro so thats why I bought another Saitek Cyborg 3D Digital. Come to think of it 6 month usage by me is like 5 years usage for an average person.

quote:

FEDEX just dropped off my 7500 and 8500 units

He just got it not long ago. All I care about now is the GeForce3 Ti 500.

Anybody wants a Kyro2 card? This time it hasn't been overclocked as there is no such feature.

Oh there is also an AMD K6-2 500, guaranteed to run at 550. Just don't ask me what happened to the memmory.

Radeon. Hm. I rather like them, although I did have to download driver updates. Original flavor 32MB DDR not work with demo 2. I have a ticket number with ATI support on that, will probably pester again after I receive it from EBGames.

My problem is that I just don't like nVidia's colors as much. ATI Radeon seems to give better visual quality (ignoring driver issues) overall. And to me, that counts way more than framerate (what good is 100fps anyway?). Still, drivers are important too. Aside: does anyone know if an nVidia card can be tweaked (gamma, etc) into looking more like a Radeon?

I think I can live with the Radeon for BCM. As soon as I pay off this year's ski equipment, I'll probably start looking at the last-gen nVidias or second-from top current-gen stuff. Unless ATI pulls out a driver fix. In which case, I can delay it to the next major upgrade. Hm, on second thought if I do buy a new card I'll have to maybe go with top-line stuff if it's to last 1.5 upgrade periods...

SC, I'm very interested to know what the driver set on both those new Radeons seem like. AFAIK, 7500 is just a glorified Radeon, and the 8500 is the one with extra goodies. And, of course, do they work right with BCM? Will be awaiting your findings...

My ASUS v8200 GEFORCE 3 DELUXE came with tweak utilities and 3Deep is good for tweaking your gamma settings.

It also came with smartdoctor to help keep you from blowing up your pc with too much overclocking or too much heat buildup...

Ep5 get at least a t/b 1 gig as the price difference is almost negligable. If you want though I can give you my k62 500 cpu for the moment till you can get enough money for the 1 gig.

Well, here it is :

Guys, I tried BOTH the 7500 and 8500 last night. My synopsis is this :

- If you like ATI's products and are willing to do what you're doing wrt dismal driver support, buy the 8500 and don't even **bother** with the 7500.

- If you have an nVidia GF card, don't even THINK of switching. You can switch if you have ANY Matrox or Hercules Kyro card - without even thinking twice about it.

- Yes, the drivers STILL suck and I found no less than FOUR problems with my render (not apparent in ANY other card - and I have over 9 cards here in various machines) in a space of fifteen mins after installing. I'm going to download the developer drivers later and see if they make a difference. I just couldn't be bothered to do that before, because the driver sent with the boards - SHOULD HAVE WORKED FIRST TIME OUT.

And I tried this under WINME, WIN98SE, WIN2K, WINXP RC

Thats a general synopsis. I'm not interested in benchmarks, I'm interested ONLY in **FUNCTIONALITY**. After awhile, the fps you get in games, reaches a critical mass where 5fps from one card to another, becomes IRRELEVANT.

Even the brilliant visual clarity of both cards (on all my displays) is not enough to appease me because the drivers are STILL not good enough.