Another console - ApeXtreme

Supreme Cmdr

i dunno, i think i kinda like the idea. maybe if they make a fool proof box like that that can actually play pc games, then more average joes will get into pc games and that would mean more $$$ for our favorite industry. it would allow people to play pc games without needing to know what type of ram to build into their ultimate gaming machine.

my question is going to be: how in the pants of a living badger are they ever going to get the thing to run pc games like that without support from the game's original developers? first thing that struck me was their video chipset, what happens if it's incompatable with a game? i also wonder how the "drop and play" software would get past copyright protection on cds.

i'd tell them good luck on their project, but somehow i doubt they're reading this.

I'd buy one in a New york minute! Look I think PC games are great, but honestly for people who don't live on gigabytes and RAMs they are a bit diificult to manage. I am an admitted PC dolt and have really learned a lot from ny buddies in this community ( Fox, Jag, Greg etc..)but I'm still yearrs away from being able to manage it to play all the games i want to. I had my current PC built just to play BCM and I raely can get through a two hour session without a crash. I KNOW IT IS MY IGNORANCE and not THE GAME! It's the same thing with MW4 and hell I just got Call to Duty and can't get it to play.

I have spent countless hours downloading and applying patches, updating directX to make sure I have the right version, added memeory and a new vid cards and still cant play all the games i'd like. I know if I knew more about pc's i'd do better but frankly I'd rather spend that time playing games than cursing at the monitor.

As the resident old fart whose first computer experience was with a modem hooked up to a mainframe that took up a whole room and required punch cards and long typed commands, I would welcome a console that would allow me to PLAY not repair and program, PC games. i would think that developers would jump at the chance to tap a heretofore untapped source of revenue. Then again that's just me...

• 2 months later...

They have absolutely, positively, got to be shitting me. An nVidia GF4 MX? And AMD XP2000 cpu (which runs around 1.67Ghz) wtf?

An Xbox is selling for $150. It has 3yr old technology, of which the graphics chip has both a pixel and vertex shader.

You can buy a low-end Dell PC for around $500.

I still shy away from consoles because I mostly like Multiplayer. And MP on consoles for the most part sucks. I also like modding games and that is nearly impossible on consoles.