need a good joystick

Jigoku San

I have a Wingman Force 3D. It's pretty good, though I know a better one, but I can't remember it's name right now. The only reason I have the Wingman is cost. I'll check on the name of the other one and post it later. I suggest one with a seperate throttle and not on the stick itself. It is a real pain to reach accross to use the throttle. Plus if you have a seperate throttle you usually have alot more buttons to program too. Like I said, I'll post later with the name of the other one.

I use the Microsoft Sidewinder Freestyle Pro. It is more of a programmable gamepad with motion sensors to act as a joystick by tilting the controller forward, back, left, and right.

It saves on desktop footprint, saves my wrist and elbows by not having unusual motions, and lets me fly by waving my arms through the air.

I like this question!

I am useing a Saitek USB gold edition. It comes with all the nice features, its great for righters and lefters AND is size ajustable as well. And it has a GREAT rudder control as well. Price that I baught it at was $39.99, not as expencive as the Sidewinder Presision Pro and its just great all in all. 2 other good joysticks that I know of are the Microsoft Sidewinder presision pro (the first one) and the Wingman Extream Digital pro. But both always have seem to been giveing me rudder problems (miscalabration).

I am kinda looking for a better joystick (KINDA) but thats only beacuse I do bleave it could have a bigger base and it still has 1 slight problem with rudder. When they manufactured it, it still is a little loose with the rudder, but other then that it's what I would call PERFECT !!! I haven't tryed the Sidewinder Presision pro 2 or force feedback and untell I get the money I am kind of afrade to, Not sure about it's rudder so if anyone can fill me in on that subject then I'm all ears !

Hope this helps all...

I have an MS Sidewinder Pro too, and am happy with it. It has nine buttons for "normal" mode, plus if you use its configuration panel you can program the buttons for keypresses, and since button 9 is "shift" you get a grand total of 16 programmable button functions, plus a programmable 8-way hat. Also supports a twist axis and throttle.

It doesn't have force-feedback; that just doesn't really appeal to me. Force-feedback just doesn't seem to add that much to the game. quickly sprays self with flame-retardant

I also have a Gravis Xterminator gamepad, but the stupid thing is (me) -- I bought it just before I "moved on" from the kind of games it would've been useful in . And my brother who actually did use it bought himself a PS/2 and lost interest in the PC. Oh well, I tend to drift over time from genre to genre, so I'll probably get some use out of it sooner or later...

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Joel Schultz ]

Funny this thread should come up now. I just found out yesterday, my current joystick (Thrustmaster TopGun Platinum) will no longer automatically return to center on the x axis.

No this represents a big problem, due to the fact that now I need 2 joysticks, one for the new system, and one for the old.

I am currently eyeing up the new offerings from Thrustmaster.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: GREG MILLER ]

I'm glad this came up

I've been looking into spending some money on a joystick that'll last long and has the least problems with it

I think i'll go with one of the joysticks posted here

[rp] Now all i gotta do is get off my butt and go to a store [/rp]

Can't believe noone mentioned my favorite joystick. The saitek X36. Its not the cheapest joystick at $100 bucks but it comes with loads of buttons and seperate throttle.

Only problem is it has some compatability issues and might need some tweaking in order to work right.

Blackdawgg... You use the same joystick Rattler uses. It's definately a nice one.

SHEESH you guys, let the guy BREATHE before you go off on him. I'm sure he is quite capable of making his intentions to join a fleet known if he wants to, leave this discussion for the correct topic.

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: Eclipse ]

quote:

Originally posted by demolition:

are you going to play BCM?

if so why not join a fleet?

eesshh.. don't go so fast... he haven't said if he wanted to join a fleet... we're not HUNTING for members, we are just attracting them on our side...

But if you want to, you can post recruitement stuff in "general fleet discussions"