GeForce3 Titanium Review

GREG MILLER

Anandtech has reviewed the 3 new Titanium cards from Nvidia.

I am looking at either a cheaper Geforce3 or a Geforce3 Ti200. Sweet!

I wonder how much ATI paid for the advertisements on top of the review.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: GREG MILLER ]

I wonder how the Titanium series will affect the prices of the current generation of GeForce 3s. I have already seen a GeForce3 priced at only 260 pounds (normally it's around 300 pounds) and that was before the announcement. If it goes down to the sub 200 pounds mark, I guess it's time for an "interim" upgrade while waiting for the Ti to get cheaper (or I get a Christmas gift).

On a side note it's 2.30 in the morning and I can't sleep. I keep seeing a brown package dropping from my letterbox with a certain game in it. I guess I can officially say I'm obsessed with this game.....

I was expecting the new NV25 core as well as .13 micron process with the Titanium series GeForce3's. Now it seems that the top model, GF3/Ti500, is only a slight clockrate increase due to improved - but still .15 micron - manufacturing process.

Comparing the hardware of Radeon 8500 and GeForce3/Ti500 there is no question which chip is better. Radeon 8500 offers higher clockrate, same fillrate per clock, more features, and most of all, assuming vertex shader implementations are roughly equal, double vertex shader (programmable T&L) performance per clock. As I've stated before; if drivers allow it, Radeon 8500 should outperform the GF3/Ti500 with ease.

Gladiac 721 GeForce 3 Ti200 64MB DDR AGP Retail VO

Mfr code: 60715

Quicklinx: 12TFWS

1-2 days £185.00

£217.37

I got that from Dabs.com last night. What do you guys think?