EA cancels Ultima X: Odyssey

And they changed the original UO big time from UO: Renaissance edition. Did they want to become trendy and go with more of an Everqrack feel?

Personally I feel UO: Renaissance was the best mmorpg ever to be released; I loved the feeling it conveyed. You do not need awesome graphics if you sell the game on gameplay. After they pulled that whole 3d stunt in the following versions, I stopped paying my UO bill and said good bye.

Feels like they are just making silly mistakes now and throwing in the cards when the stakes get high. Cancel this, cancel that, lets make this more trendy... blah blah blah. Guess you can not blame them for wanting a bigger crowd eh? Then again if they kept something original running and started making better games like Ultima X: Odyssey, they would have their own fan base.

Looks like bizness as usual at all the major MMOG's.

The boys at Sony and EA always start drooling when they pass a telephone pole.

Solution?

Track them all down and beat them severely about the head and shoulders with a cold dead Flounder.

From my observations, The frozen kidneys at CCP seem to be filling their bladders with the same waste products.

I think the main problem is the "Power Gamers"

They enter these virtual worlds to conquer everything, then they begin the lobbying for something more difficult and the PR guys listen to their drivel. The result is always pandering to these induviduals, even if it means throwing the game balance in the toilet and flushing it.

That action always leaves the noobs to tread water, drown, and give up.

And they wonder why their subscription base turns into the old revolving door...

Personally, I absolutely despise MMORPGs. They are boring, have no originality, and are complete ripoffs. Let me see... pay $50 to bring home the box, and then another $15 each month so I can click on monsters, press A, collect my "ph4t l3wt," and click on bigger monsters and press A. Hmm... how about "No"? So in my opinion, the more of these worthless pieces of trash that try to pass themselves off as games that burn down in flames, the better.

quote:

And they wonder why their subscription base turns into the old revolving door...

street, standing on the corner:........"SMART PILLS, SMART PILLS.....EVERYONE, GET YOUR SMART PILLS HERE!!"

****street snickering,to himself each night, while filling the gel caps with LEAD*****