Elite 4 Coming in 2006

At least thats what PC Game UK said in their August issue. It was supposed to be a preview of the game, but instead, ended up being a load of crap which we've already seen online from Dave in the past few years. No shots. No tangible information. Nothing new. Lying bastards @ PC Gamer.

And Dave even takes a stab at the X games, saying that he is announced that games like that try to mimic Elite without adding anything new....or some rubbish like that.

Yeah, I don't see why Dave would make such a stupid comment. Most space sims have - at one point or another - tried to come up with some aspects of Elite. Which in itself isn't such a big deal since for its time, Elite (and its crappy and disastrous follow-ups) was the best; in the midst of the likes of Starflight, Star Fox, Echelon etc.

Even when Milo started coming up with his own BC3K clone in Starshatter, to me, it was more amusing and flattering, than anything else.

Just watch. Elite4 is going to come out in 2007 (or whatever) and its not going to be anything like an Elite game. Its going to be stupid, dumbed down to suit the masses (just think, two years from now what kind of games will be out there) and as fun to play as the last Elite.

• 1 year later...

Well, 2006 is here. As I suspected, it was a load of crap.

Yeah right. He's been saying that since before I grew hair on my t*ts.

Frankly, I have NO idea why people keep asking him about it. There is absolutely no chance of it ever happening, given the current industry climate. Unless of course it is a next-gen shootfest.