OMG - Fallout 3 returns from the grave!

Scrivener

Yes Morrowind was great. I for one wouldn't really mind a Fallout 3 in first person and real time, but truly hardcore fans might disagree. Yes, fallout has always been top-down and turn-based, but does that mean it should stay that way. Besides, I don't think a "classic" Fallout game would sell well with people who are new to Fallout, or have never heard of it (rare as they may be). If Fallout 3 provides the same open-ended and immersive gameplay Morrowind had, I'm satisfied.

While I liked Morrowind, I didn't think it was fit to eat decomposing tablescraps in Daggerfall's shadow. I know plenty of people that loved it, but they were never exposed to Morrowind's vastly superior precursor.

Heck, thanks to DosBox I play Daggerfall to this very day. The big worry is that Bethesda really cut the balls off of Morrowind as far as Mature content is concerned. Daggerfall was stark and unflinching - not so with Morrowind.

And then you have to admit that Fallout could get pretty f***ed up sometimes - and that was part of it's charm. To me, the looming threat isn't the perspective (I wouldn't mind a first/third person Fallout) - but whether the content and gameplay remain true to the series.

That also means NO simultaneous console development.

Translation: Daggerfall had pixelated naked women, you could strip your character down to his birthday suit and run all over tamerial's cookiecutter cities and is thus a better representation than Morrowind of the Elder Scrolls universe.

Actually I agree. Morrowind's problem wasn't the lack of mature content (which never added anything to the game) but the lack of any semblance of LIFE among the citizens, however if anyone everr gets teh Tameriel rebuilt project done as well as the NPC schedules I think Morrowind can easily surpass Daggerfall.

I've never really played much of the fallout series so I won;t know what to compare them to when/if this comes out. I highly doubt they will pull it off to the satisfaction of fans though, the only company I've seen manage to do that consistently is 3000ad.