Freespace 3. What if...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

This crap is really really irritating me. I dont see how you deal with all this non stop idiotic trollop. If any of these people acted like this in "real life" they would all get their asses kicked ...no.. actually they would be dead in some back alley somewhere...

(not waxing overly religious but)

Anyone who doubts the concept of a *sin nature* only really needs to look at what most people will do when they think they have no accountability for their actions.

Someone here said he couldn't play the series... i am uploading right now on my web space the "Freespace reference bible", it is a 4MB "and something" word document analyzing every single aspect of the Freespace Universe, including technologies, races, politics, religion and whatever.

As a side note, this "bible" has not been written by "fanboys", but from Volition itself, so what is written here is "the truth".

I am more than sure that Mr. Smart could recite this thing on memory, but maybe it will be useful to those (unlucky) fellas who never had a chance to play Freespace 1 or 2...

By the way... i ask permission to "those in charge" if i may open a "second" thread, linking to the same bible posted at the end of this post, in order to keep any possible question about the freespace universe separate from this thread wich is, i think, for something else.

*hoping to have been helpful, bows*

http://sismetto.web.ctonet.it/fsrefbible.zip

It reflects badly on your whole community when you have when your member like this.

code:

[21:00] * Cloud02 ([email protected]) has joined #battle cruiser

[21:00] <Cloud02> fux yuo

[21:00] * Cloud02 ([email protected]) has quit IRC (Quit)

[21:59] * TheVirtu ([email protected]) has joined #battlecruiser

[21:59] <TheVirtu> You poor people...

[21:59] * TheVirtu ([email protected]) has left #battlecruiser

If you get the license I'll probably buy it after all your making me join the devil and buy a Xbox

Uh? X-BOX? What is this fuss about the X-BOX? Wasn't another title being developed for that console? Freespace 3 is for PC, yes?

[following logic]Wait, Mr. Smart clearly stated keyboard and mouse control for Freespace 3 (like the originals), so it can't be for X-BOX but for pc. [/following logic]

Geez, you almost made me get an heart attack.

Try and keep up at the back

KnightBalde = Xbox

KnightBlade announced months ago

I'm already committed to buying KnightBlade next year

Therefore I'm also committed to joining the devil i.e. buying an Xbox

Pugwash,

Once you get the XBOX it won't seem like joining the devil. I had the same fear when I first bought a XBOX but as long as you divide your time equally between the PC and XBOX you'll be fine.

To stay on topic, I'd like to vote again that you attempt to acquire the IP for Freespace, Derek. Why do I get two votes? I'm from Florida, of course. I can vote as many times as I'd like...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

"The very first time I see a post that has nothing to do with the topic and is about some git's personal opinions about Derek Smart, I will delete the thread and will, never, ever talk to anyone about Freespace again."

That would mean one troll could ruin it for the rest. Believe me you know that someone would do that just to be a #ick.

Anyway, can't think of anything to post there for suggestions. Whatever you come up with I'm sure will be fine by me. Being in the dark is sometimes a good thing and makes for a nice surprise.

Nice to actually see a thread develop with lucid and tactfully informative posts, as opposed to the hate spam in the others. Lots of good info there.

The ancient sales figures were certainly educational in regards to the (past) state of space sim popularity. Would be great to see more current ones. Would I be banned for asking?

quote:

The very first time I see a post that has nothing to do with the topic and is about some git's personal opinions about Derek Smart, I will delete the thread and will, never, ever talk to anyone about Freespace again. Meaning, everyone will be left guessing wtf I'm up to. Right up to the point where I announce that I'm developing it for the Atari system.

ROFLMAO Derek. I know you're serious, but jesus that cracked me up. Atari...heheh.

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

quote:

The very first time I see a post that has nothing to do with the topic and is about some git's personal opinions about Derek Smart, I will delete the thread and will, never, ever talk to anyone about Freespace again. Meaning, everyone will be left guessing wtf I'm up to. Right up to the point where I announce that I'm developing it for the Atari system.

ROFLMAO Derek. I know you're serious, but jesus that cracked me up. Atari...heheh.

hehe