Have to buy new Grafikcard, need help :-)

quote:

Originally posted by Fox__Trot:

if its a radeon 9200 card it's basicly as fast as the g4 ti4200 (I think) with newer features and dx 9 support

The GF4200 is about 60% faster than the R9200. The R9200 is on about the same level as the FX5200 (non-ultra), my FX5200 (Ultra) is about halfway between the GF4200 and the R9200.

Still, the price on the 9200 is very reasonable.

If money is an issue, the radeon 9200se is very inexpensive with acceptable usage for UC. extremely good price at Newegg.com. Since I already ordered my new system, I bought one for my existing system, so I could play UC until my new system arrives.

Gonna be getting a Geforce 6800 Ultra myself....

However, I'm using a GF4 Ti 4200 right now and its done extremely well. Blows the FX 5200 Ultra out of the water speed wise, but its only a DX 8.1 card.

If its in your budget I would consider an ATI 9800 Pro. Its only about 10% slower than the much more expensive 9800XT.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys know that you can *ahem* soft-mod some of these cards right? Depends on the card, but besides overclocking, you can get a BIOS for a better card and "upgrade" it. That's how I've gotten so much use out of my Gf4 Ti4200, it runs at 290-300MHz core and 575 Mhz memory .

Or is that not copasetic, thus leading to my banning?