WinXP SP2 Released!!

To any fence sitters who elect to disable SP2 delivery as noted by SC above: should you elect to sit on it, 120 days after 8/16/2004 MS will tilt the fence so you fall off into SP2 land, so to speak. Delivery disablement is temporary.

• 2 weeks later...

ill wait the standard 4 months after any windows update to give the hard working blockheads at MS the time they need to fix their fix or else my PC gets the 'fix' from using their fix.

quote:

Originally posted by Joel Schultz:

To any fence sitters who elect to disable SP2 delivery as noted by SC above: should you elect to sit on it, 120 days after 8/16/2004 MS will tilt the fence so you fall off into SP2 land, so to speak. Delivery disablement is temporary.

What if you use an external firewal, not the built in one that's in XP. Like Zone Alarm. You should get a message that states:

"Windows update is requesting access to the internet click YES or NO". Clicking no will deny the update process from proceeding. I'm assuming this should work if you don't want to update the XP even after the four months.

I let it install itself last night, no problems.

So far it has warned me that AIM needed a hole in the firewall, so I let it. Kinda cool how you are notified of such things instead of it simply not working. Also, the pop-up stopper now built into IE works well. Those are the only surface changes I've noticed so far.

Installed it both on this computer and on a computer back at the school I attended before graduation

So far, no problem's on either (then again, I havn't checked the one at the school.. suppose to next week on monday *first day of school*, to make sure nothing went wrong)

Only problem with mine here is that the pop up blocker doesn't seem to work, it's enabled but it still won't block the ad's

• 2 weeks later...