Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War is gold

Gol_Stoan

Ships on the twentieth. Anybody have any thoughts on this one? This RTS sounds promising, from Relic (Homeworld series). I periodically paint some LOTR miniatures, so I have seen plenty of Warhammer stuff. So, depending on how you want to spend your money, you could either buy this game, or a tank and a squad of Space Marines.

I downloaded the demo and I think it looks really cool. I was really obsessed with Warhammer 40000 the table top game at one time (as my name implies), so its nice to see it all sort of come to life. THe battle scenes are awesome at times, particularly in close combat. The violence is amusing too.

I used to paint the 40k miniatures... I sold the entire army I had on eBay a while back.

Great storyline... hope they didn't screw the game.

A 40K FPS came out early this year.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

A 40K FPS came out early this year.

Ah yes, the mediocre "Fire Warrior." An average FPS at best.

Dawn of War is sexxxaaayyyyy. I've loved 40K based licenses since Space Crusade, and this one just takes the cake.

In fact, if any of you in here have not yet tried Epic Warhammer 40K: Final Liberation (released in the late 90's) you should do yourselves a favor and buy it online. Excellent tactical wargame based on the 40K license.