SiMs 2 is out

Supreme Cmdr

Right.

So I got a copy because my wife is a HUGE fan. And what happens? I can't get through the install process on TWO DIFFERENT COMPUTERS.

*WTF*?

This smacks of some crappy copy protection scheme. I can't seem to get past CD3, 49%. Just...freezes. And there's only so much of that bloody installation game a person can handle.

Sigh!

I really wanted this to work. But I am SICK AND TIRED of having to jump hoops to play my bloody video games. I lost a precious hour last night trying to get this to work. Now I'll have to either try to make a disc image of the damn game and hope it doesn't do CD checks (highly unlikely) or I'll have to return it (highly likely).

This was all well and good when I was getting paid to play these things, but now it is just sad. Makes me wanna...

i havent played the game but I did spend 2 hours on the road listening to the local radio station.

Turns out the DJ is a computer gamer.. so he casually mentioned the game and a few of the things he thought were cool.

Big mistake. The geeks rose from their PC's and grabbed the phone... for 2 hours it was nothing more than Sims2 chat...on the fricken radio.

Funniest of all was that most peeps that called in pretty much said they had their sim going around doing crazy stuff & impregnating all females in the neighborhood.

Talk of mods to allow more criminal type stuff and x-rated mods were to be expected soon.

guess you cant get better publicity than that.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Funniest of all was that most peeps that called in pretty much said they had their sim going around doing crazy stuff & impregnating all females in the neighborhood.[QB]

Hey, why didn't I think of that?!?!?! LOL

quote:

[QB]

Talk of mods to allow more criminal type stuff and x-rated mods were to be expected soon.

Yes, I have heard of a nude patch already. Gawds.

Anyway, I got a chance to play it last night with the wife. Just like many of the games this year, 'tis evolutionary, rather than revolutionary. It's nice to have a proper 3D camera, I love the attention to detail that has of course become expected of this franchise.

It is, however, the exact same game as the first. It has a few new innovations that expand on the formula --- such as hopes & fears, Sims remembering past events, etc. --- but not enough to keep me interested. In a week I'll be back to Rome: TW or finally get started on Call of Duty's Russian campaign.