Star Trek: Bridge Commander

Cruis.In

Apparantly even though I didn't buy it, bridge commander sold really really well for activision. and thus its modding community is huge and innovative.

Now something new interesting and so improbable is being done with the game, a dynamic multi-system universe for you to explore is being coded and created with most of the code being finished since it's been going on for a while but just needs alot of graphics sfx done for it now.

Apparantly you will be able to fly to so many different systems, engage in random missions, link up with other fleets of ships, either by your order or not, have them follow you, follow them, attack homeworlds, dock at starbases, all dynamic. Which is how I was saying bridge commander could have been because it has a cool combat engine.

the forums go down often due to heavy traffic but see...following

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/phpBB

I can't link to the topic directly because the board is down. However, it is near the top of the modding forum's topic list, a topic called "ATP: Dimension" or something like that, it has 40 pages of posts so you'll know it when you see it.

If all goes well, this will make BC what it should have been, its being done by USS Apollo who developed the previous ATP and ATP to packs, atp stands for advanced technology pack where he scripted stuff like the voyager armour and many other cool technology stuff into the game.

as for me, when I finally buy the full game if I can find it anywhere......(out of print) stupid activision........ I will be installing the defiant mod accompanied with the mod of the bridge (so you fly/fight from defiant bridge stead of old galaxy bridge) and anxiously awaiting this release.

of course there will be limitations to the dynamic universe, the dynamics I think because it wasn't designed from the ground up to be that way are heavily scripted... but once all the scripting is done, it gives the appearance of dynamix. Ships will be flying around doing there own thing patrolling neutral zones, protecting freighters etc etc...

it'll be more fun than simple quick battle anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

it's say it is out of stock on that site...

Hmmm, I got as far as the put your credit card information and I didn't get that message about it being out of stock. Nor do I see it posted any where about it being out of stock. Unless they wait till you get to very last order complete page.

it says out of stock on chips bits, you just type in bridge commander, when it comes up, it has " - out of stock " next to it.

heh... yeah there's this extortionist guy on amazon wakefield something, who bought up a whole bunch and sells them at that high and says no where else has it, its a collectible so hence the high price, i say bullshit. I'll still never buy it at that price if it was the last copy on earth.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

it says out of stock on chips bits, you just type in bridge commander, when it comes up, it has " - out of stock " next to it.

heh... yeah there's this extortionist guy on amazon wakefield something, who bought up a whole bunch and sells them at that high and says no where else has it, its a collectible so hence the high price, i say bullshit. I'll still never buy it at that price if it was the last copy on earth.

Hcmmm, you could go the last resort route and send a $20 payment to Totally Games directly.

I'd rather go that route myself than pay and extorsonist.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

Drat, I didn't see that

quote:

I hope this extortionist like's the game a lot. He is going to be keeping his copies for a long time if he is the one selling it for $99 on amazon.

• 1 year later...

ok its 2006. ATP:D is no more, but Kobiyashi Maru exits. Get it from bcfiles.com

includes things such as firing while cloaked (on relevant ships) Blind firing... shuttles... and a whole big list of cool stuff all in one nice install package.

Last night I set up a battle with a Scimitar a sovereign (me) and two Valdore ships, the battle from Nemesis, and to my surprise the little buggard was attacking us cloaked, so I used to blind firing, full phaser spread in all directions, it looked exactly like the battle in the show, and when my phasers found there target, I would use quantum torpedoes, eventually his cloak fell and the warbirds joined in... its awesome!