Stargate SG-1: The Alliance

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Season.... 4 or 5 has that ship in it

It belong's to a powerful quiled*sp, what ever those snake lizard creatures are*

But I am looking forward to this

That's Goa'uld and the Goa'uld that had the ship was Anubis. And the game takes place before season 8. Probably season 6 to season7.

• 4 weeks later...

Well they've released the full site: Stargate SG-1: The Alliance

They've got Jaffa and a teaser story, but nothing new. The forums are great with the exception of those who though can write, don't seem to actually read anything the devs or the mods post.

Eeeewww, ugh, another action shooter. What a waste. They couldn't make it something like the fallout or UFO:... series?

Imagine sending exploration teams through stargate to explore and discover different worlds, recruiting team members, setting up and building bases/ships/vehicles, researching weapons, training teams. All in an epic game that puts you into a struggle to save humanity while establishing alliances with Jaffa, and fighting to overthrow the gauld. Now that would be awesome, and all they have now boils down to a no brain required action shooter...what a waste...

• 2 weeks later...

Actually they said it isn't no brain FPS it's an Action game with elements from others. As far as an epic game I wouldn't like that (well I would, but) because the game they have know is a story that happen during season 7 and if it was an epic game then wouldn't you want what happen to the game in the show.

If it was an epic game that included making alliances then those allainces (or enemies) should be in the show. Not to mention the alliance between Jaffa, Tok'ra and Taur'i was broken up by the end of season 7, which would be in the game.

Just don't worry it's not a no-brain-shooter.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a great picture at E3 of a Stargate prop with a viewing of the game in the back right side

http://media.pc.ign.com/articles/614/614896/img_2787578.html

Here's some pictures of Richard Dean Anderson at E3

http://www.pcgames.de/external/browser/?article_id=372080

• 4 weeks later...

They released a E3 trailer about 3 minutes I heard. I got dialup and basically can't see it until I move in August to my dorm.

Anyway you can get it at the website mentioned in the first post or and fansite (like www.sgfiles.com). I'm glad JoWood and Perception are allowing fansites some access to the new stuff. It shows they want the fansite community to get a modding community going and keep the game alive.

I wonder though if DS will push back his games to mod for the game??? YEAH RIGHT!!

Not necessarily off-topic, but if you'd like, I could get the trailer for you and send it to you in pieces through e-mail Grayson...(to keep it from getting cluttered, let me know in PM on that)

I've been a Stargate fan since it first came out...on DVD have them ALL and watch them incessantly too...can't wait till they come out with the new ones, I just hope with the cast changes, that it doesn't go down-hill.....to me, always been a good show to watch, even my WIFE watches it with me (if you knew her, you'd be thinking "holy-$#@#, same as I do half the time)

• 1 month later...

I wasn't terribly impressed by the shots released thus far, to be honest because there didn't seem to be any gameplay. Just scenery stills. And for a supposedly triple-A game releasing in October and no demo yet, thats not good.

Besides, Jowood is - like most European companies - having serious financial troubles. So this move comes as no surprise if they were looking at posting a loss on that title.

[ 08-06-2005, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Prez:

Darnit! There has GOT to be way to make money on properties like this... it's got an established fan base.

Not when your business tax is through the roof, while work week is 35 hours long, 4 weeks vacation for your employees, and you can't lay off your workers if the company is doing badly financially. No matter how you do the math, even at $70 a pop it doesn't add up. Reality is the ultimate arbiter. LOL

Give what to mods, there is nothing, it is simply not finished, and never will be.

"After delivery of the code and assets JoWooD will review the possibility of seeking out developers IF it is economically viable to finish the titleÔÇØ which it is not.

quote:

Does it use the Unreal Engine? If not, the Unreal editor won't do any good.

No it doesn't. But given the license, something awesome COULD be done by modders in UnrealED from scratch, based on what else I've seen it do.(in the hands of skilled modders, anyway.) It'll never happen though. What a shame.

The engine, from what Perception said, was a heavily modified Unreal engine. What vesion I can't be sure, I think 2.4.

Anyway, I wonder how this could turn out. I mean MGM sublicease to Perception then years later, Perception sublicease to JoWood for publishing it. Whether or not JoWood sublicease to Namco or it was Perception I dunno.

Since MGM is the sole owner of the licease, is it possible for them to step in and determine the outcome. I'm not to keen on this whole legal stuff.