MY REVIEW ABOUT NEXUS:THE JUPITER INCIDENT

almostpilot

After playing this game for a few hours, i┬┤m very impressive with it, and surprised !!!! I┬┤m waiting so much for this game, and finally i have it !!!!! First of all, excuse me about my english, it┬┤s very poor. But i┬┤d like to (try) write some lines about the game, for me it┬┤s a dream thats come true. Before i bought the game (european version) i read some reviews about the game, classifying it with some kind of HOMEWORLD x STARFLEET COMMAND III. If i have to choose one, the game looks like more with STARFLEET COMMAND III, but more, more improved and deep. In fact i mentioned it just to give a small idea about the game. The game itself is about a COMMAND A BATTLESHIP and sometimes a FLEET. It┬┤s a new game, an epic game in my opinion and in opinion inside of others reviews.

The game is more like a space fiction movie, wich you are a principal actor. The movie introduction, cut scenes, story line (until now) is superb. The graphics : 9/10, space debris, ships, explosions , space itself, movies ....you really have sensation that you are in command of a battleship. The controls are very simple and eficient. At any time is easy to find your own ship, your fleet or enemy. It┬┤s not a sim space game, either not a RTS, it┬┤s a .....new kind of game, keeping you command your own vessel.

The wormhole (go inside) is a beatiful scene, the ship propulsion (engines) and his sound are very realistic, it┬┤s just like a spaceshuttle departure. If you see the first movie Alien and remenber the NOSTROMUS travelling in space, with the game, you will have the same perception. Playing the game, i really feel like in a space trip.

I read in reviews that the game are very ÔÇ£slowÔÇØ, but for me is this a space game, and the game capture the space ambient like i imagine that must be. This is a aspect of the game that i more love it .... no stress.... with many engagements...

The combat situations are very beatiful, you can issue many kind of orders like avoid an object or only disable weapons (you can choose wich weapons you will disable), for example, if you need aboard a enemy ship, you first need to disable a FLAK WEAPONS, that weapons impossibility(or just try to destroy ) your ÔÇ£commandsÔÇØ (like away team) to aboard the ship, and only then, you can send the ÔÇ£commandsÔÇØ inside.

When you send your ÔÇ£commandsÔÇØ, you will receive at all time, the ÔÇ£commandsÔÇØ comunications reports, reporting the mission, in diferents ways any time, nothing that bored you, in fact this will take your attention, you really feel like a captain listen your away team in a bridge. The entire game have this kind of comunication, that┬┤s are in my opinion, one of the most important aspect of the game, helping you to immerse in the ÔÇ£game space ambientÔÇØ like a commander of one battleship, really cool the ÔÇ£in gameÔÇØ comunications !!!!

Between missions, you can configure/upgrade ship┬┤s weapons and systems, and have a lot of improvements that you can make in your ship.

The only aspect of the game thats disappoint me, are that the game follows a LINEAR story or gameplay. I prefer non-linear(free form) games, like UC roam mode.

Well i only have been playing Single player campaign , and only for a few hours. I will can find many other things in the game , because iÔÇÖm in the first missions only. I don┬┤t know nothing about the multiplayer i will try it only when i finished the SP, but until now the game worth every money that i spend with it.

One more time i apologize about my english, i know that i make many english errors here, but i just like to encourage anyone who┬┤s thinking in player a new space game (not a sim game) in take it !!! ASAP. (of course if i could make myself clear with this review).

" the realisation that the game is all about increasingly complex micro-management of your ships and crew is something of a let-down."

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the reviewer was talking about BC/UC. The micro-management part should be no problem to those of us around here.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

hey pilot, you say you don't speak english well, is this the single defining reason your name is kind of unique and makes no sense?

I had to ask, I've had my eyes on your name for a long time.

Yes, that's is the reason....But is too late to change it.

The game is quite fun. My one sticking point has to be the fact that you can't actually manually navigate your ships...I mean, you can't tell them to go to a point in empty space (not that I'd found), they have to have a target to approach/attack/whatever.

Actually a fairly minor sticking point.

Nah, this game is waaaayyyyy too linear. Once you go through the campaign you have a $50 coaster. No replayability at all. I hate how they advertise the games sometimes as replayable because you can choose to complete the objective a different way. That's pure bs, it's still the same objective, and you still know how the storyline goes...The game has to be open ended, they should've gave you an option to continue the game after the storyline ends, and thrown in some random missions, kinda like freelancer...

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Nah, this game is waaaayyyyy too linear. Once you go through the campaign you have a $50 coaster. No replayability at all.

Soback, there is mod support in the back --- IIRC, the tools are included with the game. Provided the game does well enough and gets the right sort of audience, some nice mods might be in our future.

Anyway, an entertaining diversion, regardless. The Colossus' shield is quite cool, though I must say the Gorg's Siege Laser/Formation is equally neat.

Bleh.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Imploder101:

actually this game is great, i boughjt it when i read your review and, its everything you said it was, also you can point to space and make it move there, hold down shift

Is great that you liked it. Thanks for reply

• 1 month later...

Actually, I thought I had pre-ordered mine (ordered it monday) so I never bothered to really check it, but when I checked it after receiving it DID say (import) so it was my own dumb fault for not checking, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway, would've still ordered it