Looking Ahead to 2005

jamotto

Hm. So, basically, besides Quake IV, the only things PC gamers can look forward to in 2005 look to be UT2004 and Half-Life 2 mods

To clarify: 2004 may have been a fairly "fun" year for gaming (Rome:TW, Dawn of War, HL2, etc. etc.) but I think next year will be either the attack of the clones (games using existing engines, which will probably end up being forgettable) or imaginative, free, mods, based on existing engines.

Is it just me.. or are the guys that wrote that a little... mean about what's going on next year. Sure it isn't too exciting and all, but they are just ripping appart a few of the things.

quote:

Originally posted by Carl Burning:

I thought we had the new Morrowind and Civilization 4 to look foward to? I hope so anyway- I dont want to wait until 2006 for those two games.

The article linked above was by no means thorough. I don't think they were aiming for that. I think they were just mentioning all the "big stuff" that was going to happen. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion won't be mainstream big, and Civ 4...I sincerely doubt it'll be a mainstream success. Heck, it just sounds like yet another incremental refinement in the series.