WoW Access is intolerable.

Swalker

World of Warcraft is intolerable, its a rip-off.

I bought this game at £30 and all I got was a pretty box and an intro cutscene, Blizzard were kind enough to disable an important feature: Account Creation. so I can't play world of warcraft. Despite having paid Blizzard £30 for one month of access. It is ambsolutly INTOLERABLE.

I refuse to accept ANY excuse from blizzard, they are savvy enough that nothing can excuse them from this. It was released to-day in europe! and we are getting Screwed-Over BIG-TIME!. Anyone who want's to say "It will be fixed eventually" just say it. at the time of posting there is only a possiblity that I MIGHT one-day be able to play it, I know the type of stuff thats in MMORPG's EULA's and they don't even have to provide access to it for paying customers. UC is my first battlecruiser game but i'm sure the SC has NEVER done anything like this and i'm sure not many have.

PS: It seems to me to be like: Sorry we forgot to put the game in the box wait for an unspecified amount of time. we might send it.

ROFL oh NO, this is too funny, sorry man, but "Blizzard were kind enough to disable an important feature: Account Creation." LOL, they are trying to spice up the game, you know, get you all worked up for when they create a patch for it...Kinda like at the race track, when those dogs chase the rabbit...LOL, see how good this game is now, see the cutscene and all, now just imagine just how much better it will be when they enable the account creation...ROFL.

That's gotta go in the books somewhere, it's just too funny not to write down for all time...

We'l. it was disabled on their website, for some reason they didn't expect all of europe to try to create accounts at once, dunno what they thought would happen......... But yeah its working now and its great (Got added to the ignore listt of everyone in westfall cos I B*tched about dying all the time though)

Yeah, WoW is bloody marvelous... which makes the overwhelming torrent of new players completely understandable. I'm only JUST starting to see it reappear in stores - after having been sold out since it launched (December?). Word has it they actually froze production until they could bring more servers online to handle the load... it sold WAY beyond their wildest expectations.

P.S. Look out for Medikan on Illidan. 33 Undead Shadow Priest (yeah yeah, I dont spend every waking moment leveling, you know).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

WoW is the McDonald's of MMOs. Millions served, yet mediocre food. Its the most popular, most successful, horrible game I've ever played.

To the OP, its rare that launch day is EVER smooth for an MMO :) I remember playing on day 1 when WoW originally was released. All sorts of problems. If you played any MMOs, you sort of expect release day to be off and on, mostly off, if you're lucky, sometimes on.

'course, your first mistake was picking WoW as the MMO to play anyway :)

WoW is the McDonald's of MMOs. Millions served, yet mediocre food. Its the most popular, most successful, horrible game I've ever played.

To the OP, its rare that launch day is EVER smooth for an MMO :) I remember playing on day 1 when WoW originally was released. All sorts of problems. If you played any MMOs, you sort of expect release day to be off and on, mostly off, if you're lucky, sometimes on.

'course, your first mistake was picking WoW as the MMO to play anyway :)

Not true, It was really really good for a while.

"really really good" and WoW don't belong in the same sentence :)

You've got that right.

The only people I encountered in WoW when I first played it, OUT of the Beta Test naturally, were immature children who were all giddy about their favorite game being turned into an MMO :rolleyes:

As it stands, WoW is considered by a large portion of the MMO community to have one of the worst, and most immature, communities in any game. This is also why certain other games, Like Eve-online, EQ 2, Planetside and more have far more 'mature' communities, and I speak from not only experience but also because I've played those game's before and have found players to be very helpful and trustworthy, where in WoW people speak in text type and tell you to do things yourself, not once stopping to even offer some help to a newbie.

Sorry, but if WoW was to suddenly disappear tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear.

Yes, as you can see I don't like WoW, it WAS a great game back in Beta Testing, but now it's crap and doesn't even desire the praise it is getting - but oh well...

Yea, I agree, although my gripe with WoW is more the game mechanics themselves not only the community of players.

I think the next great MMORPG will be Darkfall Online. Rather than explaining why I don't like the WoW game mechanics, I think its clearer to point to DFO and just say, WoW sucks because its completely opposite of everything DFO will (hopefully) be :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

I think WoW has proven itself to be the best MMORPG game of all time to day, judged only on sales and membership alone that is ;) No one even come close to their numbers of enrollment ect and their sales numbers are insane. I played it for a while when it first came out and I havn't played an mmorpg since that gave me as much satisfaction (and believe me I've played a BILLION of them it seems) I sensed then that It was TOO addictive and cut myself off before I got to far into it. I think of WoW disappeared tomorrow many of you may not care but I feel like there would be a rash of law suites and suicides across the planet lol.

I started playing mmorpgs when they consisted of text combat games called Muds, moved up to UO when it came out and went over to EQ and then back to UO. Tried other games as they came along but nothing really ever compared to UO in my mind (They got the most money out of me) then when UO fell to the @#$@#$@#@ at EA I had to leave. I've tried WoW, Eve, EQ2, Light and Dark , Dark Ages of Camelot or whatever, Minions of Mirth, Starwars Galaxies, Ragnarok Online, that Conan CRAP, Lineage 1 and 2 , City of Heros and Villians (Actually kind of like that one) Rubies of Eventide (I beta tested for this one WAY back when it was first coming out, worst game eva) jump gate, kinda of an mmorpg but not really :P I played Sword of the new world and just about EVER one of those Korean mmorpgs that are free that I could stomach, they're all the same thing more or less. The best game I've played since Wow has to be Eve. At least in my mind that is the only game out right now that could draw my attention to the degree which Wow has done and it allows you to advance your character while you're off line (more or less requires it to some extent) I imagine when GCO comes out I will be hooked on that as long as the servers are live even if I'm playing alone lol. I've come to the realization though that most MMORPGs hold nothing for me any more, they are just like the muds I used to play only drawn out over months of play time to get money out of you.

We should look into making a free to play Mud for Battle cruiser where people can come and RPG as well as have combat between ships ;)

I wouldn't say its the best, far from it. What WoW did was a bit of luck, and a lot of good marketing. The game isn't unique - It uses a lot of resources from pretty much every other mmo (design wise) and does them pretty good. It also came out in a drought of new MMOs really, and it has a huge amount of money behind it for marketing (that grows with the massive amount of people that pay into it monthly).

Personally, I play for the unique games - So I go between Ultima Online, and Vanguard: Saga Of Heroes. These two games keep me going, though I had my WoW phase, sadly.

By no means is it the best game based on game play ect. What I meant was it is doing the best out of any mmorpg so in that sense it is the best mmorpg running currently according to peoples opinions :P

I loved Lord of the Rings online, I thought it had some features no other game has and a good story line and interesting pvp premise. But yah by no means is WoW the best MMORPG. Ryzom is pretty good if you've never tried that, it is different though and it can get a little boring if you don't have any friends.