X2: The Return

LostInSpace

EGOSOFT: IN 2005, YOU WILL RETURN TO THE X-UNIVERSE.

X┬▓: The Return enhances the already extensive universe with additional missions, weapons systems and space sectors. A complete new storyline adds further tension. Newcomers will enjoy the additions to the already graphically impressive, almost living X┬▓-Universe, while veterans can expect new construction options and an improved physics model.

ScreenshotsPlayer HQ

Introducing the new station type that people have been speculating about. This brand new, fantastic looking station, that will be in X┬▓: The Return is the brand new Player owned Headquarters.

The station will have many new features included to allow the station to act as a functioning Player HQ, we do not want to release everything about this new feature, so most of it will remain a surprise.

Station Hubs

The giant stations that have been seen in some screenshots are Station Complexes. These are just normal stations that you can connect to each other using tunnel like modules to reduce the transportation issue that you get with slow freighters.

New Weapons

There are also several new weapons that you can use to equip your ship, The Yaki disruptor is quite a devastating new weapon. Yaki, (a group of extremely deadly pirates) use this weapon to disrupt ship engines. There will be an anti missile defence, a new very fast firing and deadly weapon and more.

-------------------------------------------------

Screen Shots

Still, same old X2. I have that game, played it for about 2 days. So many faults, it's not even worth discussing. But hey, some people seem to be really into that game. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

PS, now that it brings up old memories, I am still po'ed at their space representation, each sector broken down into a neat box, that feels so small it's just ludicrous. They shoul've used freelancers approach, with shipping lanes, wormholes and jumpgates. Their method just does not work, they should've figured it out whith the second game they made (forget what it was called).