• 5 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

I'm finding the egosoft forums slightly strange... people canceling preorders because the cockpit models were cut... very odd.

Didn't look into the preorder business, but you are correct that there seems to be a x-ing out of the cockpits.

As per the forum site admin:

quote:

To be honest, I'm surprised to see the cockpit debate still going on, as it was confirmed in several interviews at the summer Games Convention in Leipzig that there would not be any cockpits in X3.

No cockpits is really not much of a problem for me. They would be nice, and given the option I would use them, but as the BC/UC series proves they are not required.

I'm much more concerned with wether or not the pirate fighters have those stupid 'Vader Helmet' cockpits still. That was my ONLY gripe with X2, because it turned the Bayamon, my favorite fighter in X-T, into an ugly piece of junk!

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

I'm finding the egosoft forums slightly strange... people canceling preorders because the cockpit models were cut... very odd.

Don't believe everything you read. Some people are just saying that to get attention. It is (ludicrous to say the least) that any sane gamer who is a fan of the X series, would cancel pre-orders (or not buy the game) because of that.

See post #49 over here for my take on it.

sorry to be the bringer of bad news but the X3 release date is now the 25th apparently because the cockpits needed to be cut due to too high resolution.

the loss of cockpits is not a problem at all. In fact it is a bonus. In X2 my favorite fighter was made by a modder and it had a very tight cockpit with a very small viewing arc into space. So in conclusion, this helps a little

for those of you who just skipped to the bottom of this post to get the release date: Start at the top

quote:

Originally posted by LB:

sorry to be the bringer of bad news but the X3 release date is now the 25th apparently because the cockpits needed to be cut due to too high resolution.

Where did you find this particular piece of rubbish? They always knew - and stated - that there would be no cockpits in the game. So since when was it the cockpits that caused a one week delay because they had to be removed? Thats rubbish.

The X3 forums are just like the game's inhabitants. Lawless. Ludicrous. Loudmouths.

Seriously, can you imagine me waking up one morning and checking our forum to find half the crap topics seen over there, over here. I'd have a nervous breakdown and probably ban everyone.

Don't take my word for it. Try this.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Don't take my word for it.

No wonder davewave doesn't like your games. At 12:11 he creates the topic complaining about your games. At 12:18 someone asks him who you are and what it has to do with X3, and at 12:20 he requests that someone close the topic because as he puts it:

quote:

Originally posted by davewave on X Universe forum:

Hmm, im sick of this topic, someone close it off.

I guess if my attention span was 9 minutes or less I probably wouldn't be able to play your games either.

good call matchoo. But SC there are always a few good people, like I intend to be,(I need to sign up in order to get the bonus stuff) and there is Al, who made the capturing guide.

Oh, and about the nervous breakdown possiblities, I have one everytime I have to go there. My nervous system is so shot after that forum I barely know who I am.

Oh, could someone help me out here?

Could some one tell me who I am?

But seriously SC, the more posts they make trying to flame you, the more popular we Battlecruiser people become! Oh and thanks for banning danwave or what ever his name is.

Cheers