X│: Reunion

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean this UCAWA, you'll never get it.Because UCAWA wasnt published by dreamcatcher(contrary to what it says on that page).And you can only get (CD-ROM version) it from BMT Micro.So if you ordered your UCAWA from amazon then you should cancel it and order it from BMT Micro(SC just gave the link a few posts above).

BTW someone should tell these guys to remove that misleading page (they are selling a non-existent item ).

Thats between them and Dreamcatcher. Nothing to do with us. If someone orders UCAWA and gets UC, they should know what to do. Besides, it says QUITE CLEARLY on that Amazon page that the item is NOT AVAILABLE. So I don't see how anyone would be able to order it.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Someone pointed me to
. While I was there, I decided to browse the forum, especially the tech support forum. Man, looks like another Christmas rush job. No wonder the Xbox version is on indefinite hold.

I am so tempted to register there and put in my sig:

Play Smart - 'D'Smart.

Or something similar, yes...Bruce Campbell is a god *G*

As for my own experiences of X3...they broke it compared to X2 in a number of ways. It doesn't feel as nearly as immersive as the X2 game even though the combat is a lot better.

It will need insane amounts of patching to get anywhere near what they promised.

I agree with Darien, the combat in the game is ace and there's still areas I haven't discovered. However I'm even less motivated to go through the horror of building stations/managing a trading empire than I was when I played X2. X3 is pretty much X2.5 as many folks have said.

I also upgraded my dying Geforce 4 to a Geforce 6600, framerate is acceptable now but still stutters in places. Oddly enough, disabling the HUD gives me about a 15fps boost... *strokes chin*

I'm starting to kick myself for not bringing my UC cd with me to uni, 'tis the price I pay I guess!

I'm so disappointed in X3 (got my copy yesterday), its not even funny. So, I'm not going to say anything further.

Joebeard, you don't need a UC cd if you purchased the download version of UCG or UCAWA.

EDIT: The obligatory conjecture

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=98051

[ 11-05-2005, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I'd like to get X3 but.. I've got a major limit on my cash.. Hell, I've not even been able to gather the finances for UCAWA let alone saving for GCO.

Is it relatively open-ended as well?

If you don't stop posting irrelevant and nonsensical bullshit in these forums, you're going to get your ass banned. I've deleted no less than four of your silly posts in the past day.

Try to keep on topic. Nobody gives a shit if you can't afford X3 or anything else for that matter. I mean, seriously. You posted the same rubbish (for UCAWA) in another thread. That got promptly deleted.

What are you? Bored? Does this look like the twit infested Egosoft forums to you?

Ok, I have a couple of questions. Is X3 out in the U.S? Because some sites are saying it is and some are saying it isn't. If it is what store can I go to pick it up from? Secondly, has anyone been having trouble with the starforce protection because i hear some people have and it has fried some people's hardrives. Please answer as soon as possible.

*arrives*

I saw this thread and decided to myself that I simply must post a review for you guys.

I am a big X2 junkie. I have played it ever since I got it with my XFX graphics card I bought about 2 years ago. I had been looking forward to this sequel ever since they announced it way back last January. The screenshots made me drool and I thought it was going to be so cool.

I payed 56$ to get a copy of X3 early from Europe at gogamer. When it arrived at my doorstep thanks to Fedex overnight shipping I frantically opened the package and proceeded to install it(all 6 CDs). To be perfectly honest I have been VERY disappointed so far. I will start from the beginning. First impressions: the intro movie sucked. There is no other way to put it. Poor voice acting and video quality. All along at first I kept telling myself "oh, a game can still be good without a good intro...after all look at freespace 2" and witheld further judgement until later. I proceeded to the main menu and got a CTD, and after a second try the same thing happened. Ugh. I went and downloaded the patch and the problem was fixed. I then started a new game and I discovered to my great dismay that my ship did not have a cockpit. To make matters worse the interface on the screen was one of the worst and blockiest that I have ever seen before. This is doubtlessly one of the side effects of the console neutering that X3 underwent about 2 months before release. I continued playing. I then discovered to my horror that they had recycled most of the X2 graphics and sounds in some way, shape, form or fashion. Speech was still not synchronized with the graphics. The list goes on and on. My biggest complaint, however, was the performance hit. Here are my comps specs:

AMD X2 4800+ @ 2.74 Ghz

1536 mb of DDR @ 433mhz

BFG GF 7800GT @ 550mhz

SATA, RAID, the whole shibang

I have one of the most advanced computers that you can buy right now, performance should simply not be an issue. After about 3 hours of playing (and several CTDs), a broken story, and interface annoyances I closed the game and never have opened it since.

I never have been so disappointed about a game in my life. I have been looking forward to this game for nearly an year and I feel egosoft has really let me down. The XBOX neutering and them trying to kick this thing out the door before it was ready were probably most responsible. Boo hoo.

Luckily a few days later I found Eve-Online and started playing Freespace 2 again. These are 2 games that were done right and have withstood the test of time. If you are thinking about buying X3 you may want to hold off until they release the next couple of patches to increase system performance and to fix the many many different bugs.

{ /rant }

quote:

Is X3 out in the U.S?

Yes, it's out. Although at the moment there are a few problems with the game, although 1.3 from what I've heard will be fixing the vast majority of the problems, along with adding some more stuff (like more pirates... I think I exterminated the galaxy of pirates )

Either way, I've had fun, spent 4 days straight in the agme, managed to get over 300m already and have several factorys set up. No crash yet, and I'm hoping it stays that way

The performance hit is an issue, but I solved mine by killing Explorer.exe (In task manager) along with 30 other processes (I have 70 running for some reason)

Either way though, the game is great, the graphics are HARDLY recycled as they are 10x's better than X2.. the sounds DO need work.. and so do the explosions

Overrall

I give the game a 8/10

Graphics - 10

Sound - 7

Voices - 4 (not syched)

Plotline - 10

Freedom - 10

Overrall - 8/10

I'd suggest this game to people ONCE 1.3 is released, which is slatted for release soon (where told in the middle of the month)

Terran... try Wal-Mart

Ok, Just got it.

Graphics are great (the space dust/cloud thing is a bit annoying though.)

Intro movie DOES suck. Not only is the character animation lame, but the friggin music is so loud you can barely hear the narration.

Story: After an hour of playing I already decided to bag the normal play mode. I don't know if the story is really good or bad, but the constant interruption with cutscenes, when my screen goes black is just too disconcerting and intrusive, not to mention the abrupt transitions when ending a scene. Bleh

So the next time I fire it up I'll try one of the other game modes without the story line.

For those of you who have played it, was wondering if I'm missing something when I enter a gate. My screen goes black then I just pop into a new sector...is this normal?

So far no real performance issues to speak of and I'm sure there's a good game in there, but I don't think it's going to come if you follow the story line.

Oh man, if SC doesn't bag you guys someone otta.

What is this "where can I find it?" I mean COME ON, you two don't even live in the same state. Any store that sells pc games, might have it. Yellow pages, phone, mall. This is like one of those ludicrous, zero value, annoying posts on the Sims forums, or pretty much any other forum for that matter.

Stop it.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Oh man, if SC doesn't bag you guys someone otta.

What is this "where can I find it?" I mean COME ON, you two don't even live in the same state. Any store that sells pc games, might have it. Yellow pages, phone, mall. This is like one of those ludicrous, zero value, annoying posts on the Sims forums, or pretty much any other forum for that matter.

Stop it.

LOL, kinda like the one you just posted Sobie

(oops I guess I just did it too...)

I'm having fun with it. The latest patch apparently made it less of a beta test so I guess I got lucky, Found the single copy in Birmingham apparently.

Good game - the UI lags the game more than any of the graphics. And the UI looks like crap.

I dunno, I find it kind of boring when playing without the story line. But playing with the story line is just as unbearable. Plus they simply MUST get rid of that space dust/gas cloud crap that keeps coming at you when flying, it's just plain annoying.

For me, it just seems like there is too much crap hanging out there in space and it kind of ruins the feel of being in space. I've heard others describe it as a trading sim in space, which is what it feels like, and not at all what I had envisioned.

I never had any performance issues and if anything the new patch has added some hitches and stuttering that I didn't have before.