Turner's GameTap Gaming Service

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, I read your rules and respect them and appriciate the great games you have to offer, but i dont have a system register page to make up.

I found out about your great game on GameTap, I must say I love them!! PLease, don't purge my post . I thought you might like to know that they have yet to release the manual for the game through gametap. They do offer manuals when they have them available. But there is no link to one on GameTap for BCM or UCG.

I found the free release of the game and snagged the manual out of that. There are no keys given out through gametap so am i still allowed to get support here.

Example I dont know how to get the CC to say its in a orbit menuver.

That's just an example. I like your game Supreme Commander, thanks.

I'll check with GameTap to see why there is no link to the game manuals. However, they are in the DOCS folders where the game is installed.

btw, there is no orbit command as there is no need for it. If its not in the manual, its a sure bet that you can't do it. So don't.

EVERY question you could possibly dream up, has already been answered on this board. If you don't want your posts to automagically disappear, use the boards's search function. It acutally works.

[ 08-20-2006, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I'll check with GameTap to see why there is no link to the game manuals. However, they are in the DOCS folders where the game is installed.

I used to have GameTap and cancelled because of a lack of MP support, however, from what I remember, you can't actually "See" the Game installation folders, since they're kept hidden and encrypted (this way if you cancell the service you can no longer play them). What they usually do with most games, is offer links to the manuals, from within the service launch windows. So unless they make them available, the player never sees them.

The terms of contracts are confidential.

However, nothing on a pay-for-play service is promotional. Now how stupid would that be? What sort of promotion benefit do you gleam from a service selling a product and making money from it without any sort of benefit being passed along?

When HBO shows a movie from Paramount, do you think they get it from Paramount for promotional purposes, when in fact HBO is deriving income from it?

I know its Sunday and all; but use common sense. You're supposed to be a Battlecruiser player; and that benefit comes with being able to make use of several fully functional brain cells.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

The terms of contracts are confidential.

However, nothing on a pay-for-play service is promotional. Now how stupid would that be? What sort of promotion benefit do you gleam from a service
selling
a product and making money from it without any sort of benefit being passed along?

I figured that it was probably a formula based on the number of times that someone played the game, but I wasn't sure. The only reason I thought that MAYBE it could be promotional, is because I remember playing a game on GameTap, and I liked it so much that I ended up bying the sequel to the game, since it was an older game that was no longer in circulation. I remember thinking to myself that I might never have heard of that game if it wasn't for Game Tap.

Aye, GamTap Encrypts the files there is NO Install folder. Thanks for contacting them.

Just FYI I did a full search for that silly question, i really don't consider myself witless.

Like I said I like your game, I may even buy it outright, I love the improvemenmts in UC Gold, that is on GameTap, I would not have considered getting the game if it had not been for GameTap.

This is because GameSpot gives the game a 2.8 Rating "Terrible" Thier main desciption is even more insulting. Do a search for the game and you will see what I mean.

I used to give a lot of wieght to Gamespots game ratings. But they where wrong about this.

Cheers

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

I figured that it was probably a formula based on the number of times that someone played the game, but I wasn't sure.

Its not.

quote:

Originally posted by John Bodine:

Just FYI I did a full search for that silly question,

Obviously not since I just pulled up 186 matches; some of which have 'orbit' in the thread subject.

quote:

Originally posted by John Bodine:

This is because GameSpot gives the game a 2.8 Rating "Terrible"

Review scores are not a consensus. They are the opinions of one - single - person who may or may not like the game being reviewed. This is evident when comparing the GameSpot UC and UCAWA reviews; done by different people. How UC would get a higher score than UCAWA, is anyone's guess; especially when you consider how the series is designed (like the MS Flight Sim series of incremental advancements).

Anyway, if reviews were everything, we wouldn't be in business and eight games strong.

Thats why we release demos for ALL our games so that potential buyers can make an informed decision on their own.

And I'm not sure which GameSpot you are refering to; because they gave UC a 5.9 score

[ 08-21-2006, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 6 months later...

*moved*

quote:

Originally posted by Hellbinder:

I signed up today for game tap after reading the news about Echo Squad being GT exclusive.

GT is a nice service. I think its going to be really interesting to see how well Echo squad does there. They also already have the original UC there.

How does there service work? I pay 9:99 a month for unlimited access to all their games. How does 3000ad make a decent amount of money this way v.s selling it straight through digital download at a set price?

At any rate GT is simply awesome and a great idea that is being executed well. You should all check it out.

They have BCM Gold and UC. They also have UCSE but have yet to deploy it.

GALCOM - ES is being launched in May they say.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Following this discovery of back on 11/29 (scroll down to post #499) and this Joystiq entry

Some restructuring(?) is going on at GameTap it seems. That first post is made by the head of GameTap btw.

Notice

GameTap is always changing and evolving. Part of that evolution has been to work with our content partners to re-negotiate existing contracts and sign new ones so that games are available in as many of our game content areas as possible - sale, subscription or ad-supported. During that process we made the decision to remove a small number of games. That removal is what allows us to sign up more deals for 2008 that better fit what GameTap has become, rather than what it was when we launched.

• 1 month later...