Precursors

Cruis.In

kind of unorthodox for a space game eh? anyway

quote:

Deep Shadows Announces Precursors the Successor of Boiling Point

Punctually for E3 in Los Angeles the Ukrainian developer team of Deep Shadows presents its latest project to the worldwide public. ÔÇ×PrecursorsÔÇ£ leads the gamer into unexplored regions of space, where he can fly with huge battle ships from planet to planet. There will be hunts for blind passengers on board in large corridors or fights against boarding pirates, while outside of the space ship rockets and laser weapons are fired in stunning space battles. It will be more peaceful on planets where you can talk to different alien nations, but also must fight from time to time.

Acting as a still nameless Hero, the gamer overtakes the part to survive in a conflict between two dominating races. This part is only defined by the actions and decisions that must be made during more than 250 different missions. The professional dealer deals with goods or smuggles them, a brutal bounty hunter is notorious, the celebrated conqueror governs unknown worlds; many ways are possible in ÔÇ×PrecursorsÔÇ£.

With ÔÇ×Boiling PointÔÇ£ Deep Shadows has already created a believable world, where the gaming freedom is a central point. ÔÇ×PrecursorsÔÇ£ takes a step further where a complete universe can be freely explored and you can fly everywhere. On board of the space ships there will be war from time to time. Outside are stunning battles with other ships, battle stations and interceptors, while inside of the ships that are larger than 10,000 meters, there will be fights man against man! In case a ship approaches one of the most different planets, it will land on the surface and there will be battles with partly organic weapons against large numbers of enemies or you will explore one of the numerous civil cities.

ÔÇ×PrecursorsÔÇ£ is an updated conversion of good old and still famous game ÔÇ×EliteÔÇ£, a modern First Person Shooter, classic science fiction movies and the world of the novels from Andre Norton. Therefore it is a mixture of very thrilling and fanciful genres and will inspire a broad range of gamers.

Features:

- Simulation of a huge futuristic universe

- Very different planets to walk around absolutely free

- More than 250 diversified missions

- Partly organic weapons with ammunition that must be bred

- Controllable space ships up to the size of 30,000 feet

- Stunning space battles

- Big number of unusual enemies (plants, insects, aliens, etc.)

- Trading possibilities with complex circulation of goods

- Interaction with hundreds of NPCs of different alien races

Title: Precursors

Genre: Space action/FPS

Platform: PC

Release: 2007

About Deep Shadows:

Deep Shadows is a game development company concentrated on developing original games based on cutting-edge technologies. The companyÔÇÖs products are based on powerful Vital Engine comprises contemporary technologies in the field of graphics, physics, networking and artificial intelligence.

out of all that and numerous other press postings all over the web about it. i could find no link to the web page screenshots etc... and the game must be far enough along now. If they hope for 2007.

Anyway more searching found www.deep-shadows.com which appears to be the website of the company mentioned in that elaborate preview even though the website mentioned nothing about the game itself. It is the website because the website talks about Boiling Point and the preview mentions Precursors as the successor to Boiling Point.

I know the developers are Russian but doesn't that description sound weird?? Space ships 30,000 feet in length? Or is this some old april fools joke I found. ehehehe shoot me if so!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

out of all that and numerous other press postings all over the web about it. i could find no link to the web page screenshots etc... and the game must be far enough along now. If they hope for 2007.

eh, Cruis.In will these screenshots do?

3Dgamers.com

Looks like a neat game! Oh boy, 2007 is looking like a great year!!!

• 3 years later...

ok guys, just saw a video for precursors ( i know theyve been being released over time) but i kind of posted and just forgot about it, i hate following anything years from release.

im pleasantly surprised that its going to be released this year according to the end of the video.

so finally 3 years since i first discovered it existed......seems they been developing this game for about 5+ years.

im definitely getting it!

and i hope its good ......