Battlefield

Darkling

That was pretty cool, but the maps had better be a LOT bigger then in BF1942 is all I have to say...LOL

Get in a jet in those maps, and bam, you're at the edge.

hmmm I agree with you jaguar,it really doesn't feel other than bf 1942,apart from the updated graphics.I'm happy that there is a demo,because maybe I would have bought the game.After having played now for quite 2 hours I just can say that it's quite a boring game.Another 40 bucks saved

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Not overly impressed, graphics are decent, but gameplay remains pretty much the same.

After playing it for a couple of days, the following observations...

The graphics are tuned to your specific machine. I installed this on 1 machine with a P4-2Ghz, ATI 9200, 1Gig or RAM. Gameplay was SUPER smooth, even with 60 players, graphics looked only slightly updated from BF1942, but I LOVE the new special effects, like the haze you get when you're hit, or when there's a big explosion nearby. ABSOLUTELY love the new Helicopters and Jumpjets.

Later, when I went to my brother's place and installed on his 3Ghz SLI System with 2Gigs of RAM, I was ABSOLUTELY blown away by the graphics. It didn't even look like the same game! All in all this is definitely an upgrade to get... of course that's my opinion.