60 Minutes- Video Game Violence

Freyar

Tonight on 60 minutes is a special about Video Game violence specifically pointing at GTA titles.

The biggest question they have here is, "Did GTA cause this kid to open fire in a police station?"

My retort is, "Did GTA make that kid go around wearing a stupid Hawiian shirt?"

I hope you guys can see this on CBS.

Absolutely nothing. They talked to a guy who's a generation ahead of video games, and who had his brother killed because some idiot kid played GTA. Now the idiot is sueing SONY, ROCKSTAR, Wal-Mart, and GameSTOP for selling the product.

The ground rules still need to be imprinted into people's heads:

1. It's your responsibility to understand what your child is playing.

2. It's your responisbility to make sure he/she understands it is a game and should not be re-inacted.

3. It's the Child's responsibility to be mature enough to know the difference

4. Mature rated games are meant for MATURE audiences. Are kids that would re-create the stuff they saw in the game 'Mature'?

Not worth watching. Just more government news media manipulation.

They will look for anything and everything to blame for their own failures. By failure I mean public education.

I taught my kids right from wrong and it stuck in their minds when I told them, at the age of twelve, "that if they ever crossed the line and got caught...Don't call me from jail looking for a bailout. You got yourself in there and you can get yourself out." I never had a problem with them doing things like these jugheads. My daughter found out the hard way unfortunately, by getting into a fight with another girl. I wouldn't have intervened except for the fact that they were fighting in the hallway of the complex. The opponent had several friends with her and they were goading things on. Until I stepped out the door and ordered them to cease. They didn't stop until I had grabbed both combatants by the neck and pinned them against the wall. was the reaction from all involved. The only casualty was some pride I think, but I never had another problem.