I REALLY dislike EA

I have spent my last dollar on any EA game. After being underwhelmed with MOH Rising Sun, I foolishly went out and got the latest installment MOH:EA, easily one of the weakest sequels to a weak game ever. Some of the same issues that have plagued MOH games on the console are still present.

Loooong missions with no save points to prevent having to play the 25 minute strech over and over again just to be shot by the unseen sniper, last gen graphics and stupid NPC's you have to keep alive. What a stinker! It is no coincidence that the Call of Duty team that left EA built a top notch PC and Console game and whoever stayed behind at EA didnt do it willingly.

To make things worse I traded in Pariah, Road to Hill 30, and Second Sight to cover the cost of NCAA Football 2006, a truly awful piece of excrement that is easily the most infuriating game I have played this year. What is wrong with this game? why does every gamer mag out there give it high marks? questions, questions.

First the game has no basis of football logic at all. I lost a game in which two running backs had over 150 yards and three td's each, had a 4-1 advantage in time of possession and did not turn the ball over. How did that happen? The other team scored everytime they got the ball. EVERYTIME! They threw two interceptions and on both my team fumbled the interception while returning it, right back to the other team. The team Notre Dame, converted three third and twenty plus yards and scored td's on all of them against a prevent defense! The reciver was 15 yards behind the nearest defender. Conversely everytime my reciever caught a pass he was tackled before running five yards. Even with a speed rating of 93.

The new feature impact players create running backs who cannot be tackled by one guy. One ND back broke FOUR tackles in the backfield and ran 50 yards for a td.

I bought this game remembering and hoping it would be as good as the 2004 version which I think was a better game, but realizing that I had again been rooked by the EA 800lb gorilla.

I have no intention to buy that bloated piece of crap called Madden 2006 like the rest of the lemmings who will shell out 50 bucks for an expansion pack. I'll just keep playing ESPN 2005, trade in NCAA Shitfest 2006 and hope they havent sold my other games yet.

[ 07-18-2005, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Grayfox

quote:

The team Notre Dame, converted three third and twenty plus yards and scored td's on all of them against a prevent defense

woohoo go irish

seriously bud i coulda told you about european assault. after i got into russia... i was bored with it and took it back for god of war... now that was kickass.

as for ncaa... i dunno, i played it a bit at EB and it seemed pretty good... except for the booth cinematics that sucked shyte... and some of the gameplay was sloooooooow and the recievers seemed to slide over the field.

and as for trading in brothers in arms... you should be hung by your thumbs...

I lost all respect for EA after they lobotomized westwood.(and others)

Doesn't suprise me that they are lining up chimps to take dumps in boxes. Although you have to give em credit for feeding the chimps colored confetti so it looks pretty for a little while. But in the end it always stinks.

" It always stinks"

Amen brother..

Fox, wait till you take that crapball home, if you thought last years sucked you will be suprised by this coded collection of overpriced mediocrity.

SC sorry about the title..guess that was a little over the top?..

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

First the game has no basis of football logic at all.

heh, Madden 2003 was very good at doing that, also my personal favorite is the weird penalty calls, when the players in question never came within 10 yards of each other though that was somewhat offset by the frequent and complete impailment of players by feet, legs, arms, heads, torso's, etc etc that could range from laughable to down right painful to watch.

I'm down with sports. I jumped the EA behemoth years ago when Sega launched their (not anymore ) 2K sports titles. I've played them ever since.

Guest Grayfox

yep... rented this crapfest tonight... oh well 5 bucks down the drain. im getting burnt out on sports titles now tho... hehe im starting to get burnt out on every title