Starship Troopers demo

Supreme Cmdr

I didn't find the easy setting to hard, harder than most "easy" difficulties. Granted I had to restart once as I didn't know the second weapon had a shotgun and I can't use the normal fire on either gun to kill the damn bugs.

Otherwise, its a neat game and there are scenes with alot of bugs.

My main gripe is that the weapon sounds are rather weak sounding and your squad members do little to help when you have to get the energy cell.

It captured the flavor of the movie. LOTS of bugs. Pretty standard run and gun (although in fairness the full version maybe completely different.) Anyone get past the crash site? I've died each time and that's on the easy setting.

quote:

Anyone get past the crash site? I've died each time and that's on the easy setting.

Yep.Managed it in the 2ndt attempt.

You have to pick up the heavy shotgun at the crash site.

It kills 1 bug with 1 shot.(though it is even then still quite tough to survive)

Well,and then you just have to plant the mines near the outpost,to trigger the massive spawnfest of bugs(I'd say 100+ bugs).

This last onslaught did IMO compensate the rather lame beginning,especially when the bugs manage to break through the outpost's walls.Though unfortunately the demo ends quite abrupt the moment when the big bug breaks through(the flame throwing one,don't know how it is named).

Ah thanks kalshion

Anyway,I'd recommend the demo to noone,to be honest.400+ Mbytes for approximately 5 to 7 minutes fun is not very balanced IMO.

And though the game already has the potential to catch the ST feeling,IMO they need some serious more work to do until they can release it.If the demo represents beta-stage(or higher),then good-night,as the demo lacks quality a lot(though demos are normally used to awaken the interest of possible purchasers...)

• 2 weeks later...