EVE Online

Darkling

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I unsubscribed from the game.

With my manticore I learned just how unbalanced the game is.

There are players flying huge ships that can lock your ship (that has a small signature radius) in under a second. Players with T2 weapons that can blow a battleship in one volley. The game's balance is completely broken and in the end the only winning factor is numbers. And that in itself sucks because having more than 40 players in one system instantly lags the hell out of everyone.

I realized the game is nothing more than one huge waste of time. It could've been a great online game but so far the design and the balance behind it are to cry about.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Actually I unsubscribed from the game.

With my manticore I learned just how unbalanced the game is.

There are players flying huge ships that can lock your ship (that has a small signature radius) in under a second. Players with T2 weapons that can blow a battleship in one volley. The game's balance is completely broken and in the end the only winning factor is numbers. And that in itself sucks because having more than 40 players in one system instantly lags the hell out of everyone.

I realized the game is nothing more than one huge waste of time. It could've been a great online game but so far the design and the balance behind it are to cry about.

Why do you think I gave up combat in this game other than going up against rats?

Thats why I switched to construction and mining, the construction is safer, the mining is more fun because I can explore the various systems in my covert operation's ship without much difficulty

Although I do agree, the balance in this game does need some serious work.

yeah thats as long as you stay in 0.5+ space. Problem is, at 0.4 or lower (or 0.0 where the good ratting is), you can jump with your covops and find a picket right at the gate.

Before you covops can re-cloak (aka double click anywhere in space to get ship moving and instantly hit the F# key to recloak) you will be insta-locked.

Thats what happened to me in the manticore. Instant lock and i couldnt cloak. Couldnt jump either thanks to that 20+ km warp scrambler.

In all, the game does not amount to much anymore.

Tac... that's why I have Insta Marks for every gate below .4 space, the gates make it so I can come out at roughly 100km's from the gate, and at the range, they can't lock me.

I also have jamemrs all over my cargo ships, making it difficult for the enemy to get me

However I still think they need to balace this game a bit more.

It doesnt matter.

The problem is when you jump INTO a system. If there's a picket there, you're dead. You will get warp scrambled by every ship in the picket, not even a transport vessel (that has built in scrambler resist) with the warp stab modules can get away from that.

If you get a recon ship to jump ahead of you, the recon ship will be dead. As I said, the moment you uncloak for a split second so you can re-cloak you'll be targetted (this is because of the automatic targetting system module).. and once you're targetted you cant cloak.

So again, its back to who has the biggest gank gang. Thats no fun at all.

Hell, I go through 0.0 space all the time in my Iteron V with a cloak fitted, and I've never been "insta-locked" before I can recloak. Basically I jump into a system, move a bit, recloak instantly and depending on what I see, I'll either align for warp to the next gate, or I'll just wait for them to leave before I make my next move.

To me it's dificult to have a POSITIVE experience in a game, unless it's POSSIBLE to have a NEGATIVE experience. Games where you don't really lose anything for making bad decisions, don't interest me.

about a year cruis.in.

Darkling: test it with a friend. Have him picket a gate with an automatic targetter loaded. try and recloak then.

"To me it's dificult to have a POSITIVE experience in a game, unless it's POSSIBLE to have a NEGATIVE experience. Games where you don't really lose anything for making bad decisions, don't interest me"

Same here. However i do like games where my positive experiences or negative ones are based on things that are balanced. The game is completely fooked in that area. Like i said, nice concept, terrible implementation.

Tried that, had my son in an Iskur, fitted with an auto targeting unit. He couldn't target me before I recloaked.. but then again, his targeting skills are only level 4, so I guess I'll have to try finding someone with higher level skills.

Darkling, I have a few targetting modules on some of my more 'combat' oriented ships. If you want me to help you test it out I'd be glad to, I just need to know what time you would like for me to come on and where you are (If you are close to Amarr space then I'll be able to help you out since that's where my corporation has me stationed at, although I also have a jump clone in another system, but don't recall 'what' system right now.

Either way, get back to me please.

• 2 weeks later...

well I have been playing for a few weeks now, and I like it.

If star trek online is like this, with better less skill based reliant combat, then I'll be happy, especially since you can walk inside ships and on planets etc...and have a person as an alter ego and not a ship.

one thing that strikes me about Eve is that no matter how long you will be playing for there will always be something you're striving for.

you can become fairly useful early on and quickly with the right focus of skill training, but the ultra advanced stages could take very long, meaning for new players it's all good and for veterans they still have ways they can go...

Actually that creates a huge imbalance (well an even bigger one) IMO.

such a big rift in 'skills' means it splits the playerbase into their own little elitist groups where one group has complete dominance over another. That is not healthy for any game.

kalshion: needs no further explanation, you said it correctly. after all its rpg... not twitch based. which is the case with most rpg's... can a level 10 character compete with a level 70 character? Or even a level 30? Never.

Despite that TAC, it is still something for everyone. like a big department store like walkmart, crowded with something each person is looking for.

i mean after all what do you want? all 25000 people in area doing something?

To be honest I was really hoping the combat in this game would be something more like what I saw in Jumpgate or Alligence.

But saddly all the advanced players would whine if that occuried because it'd mean they would have to develop ACTUAL SKILLS in order to compete and man; we can't have that now can we?

well since the game was designed from its inception to be this way, and players have spent years playing it like this and developed that way, it would be kind of peeving to change it all of a sudden.

however they would be left with several options.

complain and continue playing

quit playing

complain complain and quit playing.

• 1 month later...

Still playing...

Out on the outter rim with my new corp.

Enjoying it, but still don't like the stupid Pvp aspect of the game... I stick mostly to covert ops and mining

I'm trying different things... trying to see what suits me. Mining right now is all that I'm truly interested in as I don't have to worry to much about stupid cowardly player's looking for an easy kill...

In Real Life I carry a concealed weapon Nomad

quote:

Sorry, but I'm a bit surprised. Are you saying that you are interested in looking at a rock during your whole game time

Are you really this STUPID when it come's to Eve's economy?

Minerals are needed to build stuff, and the rarer a mineral is the more money someone will pay to buy it. That's why I mine.

Buy low, sell high. I also do a large amount of trading in this game, not to mention I build a good number of componants and also sell those to different corporations, the only time I do combat is when I do missions from agents.

quote:

I've the feeling you are looking for a kind of romanticism that is gone extinct since ages.

Actually I'm looking for people who actually play this game for fun, that's perhaps a concept you don't understand though