EVE Online

Darkling

Nah the problem is that I've had a good number of people find it odd that I like to mine.

I do it mainly for myself and for my corporation, after all: SOMEONE has to do it

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

main reason I stay in .6 and above, I did have a few run in's with some people who wanted a taste of Pvp.... only to get Concord on their asses when they fired a shot across my bow (And because I was attacked, I sent my drones after them. Killed one frigate before Concord arrived and killed the other four ships)

My mining barge was just far enough away to where their beam's where constantly missing.

well glad to see the interesting discussion

I just moved to 0.0 space myself with my small corp. We've been given birth in an alliance area of space. Not BoB

And I just have to say, I'm glad BoB is getting their asses handed to them. They like anyone else should know not to bite off more than you can chew, cause when you opress people, they rise up.

I want badly to train some more ship skills, like recon ships etc... however, I've been concentrating on the niggling combat skills and EW etc... drones,gunnery,electronics.,engineering, anyting which gives me an edge in combat which falls under those categories.

i like goonswarm, they seem to have a lot of members and are probably a major factor in the coalition victories...

Yea.. I know about them all to well.

In my opinion though if they continue to win those championships then CCP should bar them from competeing, let OTHER alliances have a shot at glory for once and stop being greedy.

But hey, that's my opinion. I prefer to have fun in this game, I don't like treating it as a job. The fact BoB does mean's they are obsessed and addicted to the game, I'd hate to see what their wives are doing for all the male players (probably most are divorced, after all, a wife doesn't like it when her husband spends hours upon hours in damn game)

Oh well... to each there own. The only way we'll be able to defeat BoB is if every major alliance in the game banded AGAINST BoB. But that'll never happen as most alliances cripple after only a few months.

they seem to be doing well this time around in this war.

alot of what you said is true nomad about the time they spend in the game and also what kalshion said about the wife thing.

to be the effective force they are, they must have some seriously non family committed players, meaning their single and have nothing better to do as computer geeks.

I got married young, if i wasn't married, id be them

but to me gaming and wasting time was just a way to pass time until the special lady came along.

but like you said to each his own, there brilliance can be admired.

i am in the new regions farming drone rats, nice minerals. one thing about this is its an intangible source of income, because while we might have minerals to build ships and stuff, we dont have that many BPO's and we need cold hard cash to buy that stuff and also rigs, if we arent collecting salvage.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

Have you folks started to get that "Beating your head against a wall" feeling yet?

Big problem with EVE is that it requires your entire life to play, and lately I haven't had time, so I setup my character to trains something for like 45 days or something like that and suspended my account for a bit.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

you can train while account suspended ? hehe

Yes, training happens in "Real Time" so, especially when you're new, and are training up skills, if it says it's going to take an hour or 4 hours or a day, that's what it takes. And it doesn't matter if you're online or off. At my level, stuff takes like 30 to 45 days to train up, some even longer, so sometimes, If I know my account is up for renewal, in a day or 2, I'll switch my skill training to something that takes 45 days, (like Gallente Battleship to level 5) and I'll allow the account to be suspended. I then have a program called "EveMon" that monitors my Characters training and lets me know when it finished, and I'll reactivate my account and start playing again. I guess I do this because in reality, I don't have time to play EVE, so even when my account is active, I can only log in maybe 4 or 5 times a month.

This may change once they launch Revelations 2 midyear, since that expansion will allow you to jump in and get some "Fleet Action" with NPC's so all the traditional planning that goes along with regular ops with real people is not part of the equation. We'll see if that happens correctly.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey anyone have a carrier pilot they no longer play with that they want to give away to a fellow battlecruiser? I'd pay the transfer fee.

Or a pilot near carrier

Otherwise its 5 months for me till I can fly carrier well

Hell, I've been off for so long that my character isn't even training anything anymore. I have over 25M SP, but no where near Carrier requirements. I was thinking of getting back in, but I want to find a new group to hang out with, the old one that I was with just got way too stale.

Join the club Darkling.

Currently I'm unsubbed as the game has become to boring; most of the corporations are full on Pvp and Pvp in this game is purely based on who has more skill points, it's not based on actual SKILL. (Leadership maybe, but not actual skill)

But then again, money is also the issue..

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Join the club Darkling.

Currently I'm unsubbed as the game has become to boring; most of the corporations are full on Pvp and Pvp in this game is purely based on who has more skill points, it's not based on actual SKILL. (Leadership maybe, but not actual skill)

But then again, money is also the issue..

I don't know if I can agree with that. Yeah, I've got over 25K SP, but both my sons joined me about 6 months ago and I started a new character, and we trained up some very basic skills, went gate camping, and had some good ol' fasion Pirating going on. We got A LOT of stuff from these gate camps and it was a TON of fun. I think that Strategy still counts for A LOT in this game, but it does have a tendancy to suck you in, and soon, that's all you're doing is playing.

of course it counts for a lot, why else can BOB beat out goonswarm and friends who outnumber them? There's alot more going on that just skill sets.

A character can train effective pvp skills in 3 months. And in 6-7 months so much the better. There's only so much you can train that's combat oriented. So alot of older player's SP goes into space ship command skills. Carrier's dreads etc.

But par for par with conventional ships, you can train enough skills like i said in 2-3 months. Energy skills, shield skills, gunnery skills.

In the beginning it's more ISK making that'll keep you back.

• 6 months later...

Anyone playing?

I have over 13million SP now and formed my own corporation called R.E.C.O.N.

specializing in E.W warfare and recon ships mainly. Recon only PVP gangs with some stealth bombers. decloak, pew pew, recloak :headshake:

30 members and growing.

Still need a logistics carrier for moving stuff from empire, we're deep in 0.0 and its a pain, im 2 months from a carrier with good jump skills.

I'm training for the Roqual right now (should have it in about 30 days), not so much because I want to go strip mining, more so becuase I want a Capital Ship with Jump Drive to move stuff to 0.0. Currently in IRON, Drone Regions, where are you guys Cruisin?