GameStop no longer selling used PC Games

Supreme Cmdr

GameStop, which now owns EB, will stop selling used PC games once their current stock runs out. About goddamn time.

Ganged from here.

quote:

Interesting, whoever told you we stopped taking PC Games a few days ago misread the email. We stop taking them tomorrow, wednesday. We've been taking them all the way through the end of today.

This is because GameStop has more stores than EB and doesn't do preowned PC. After the merger is complete (it hasn't even really starte dyet, we're just preparing) we would end up with 2500 stores that don't have preowned PC, and 1800 stores that do... we opted to stop taking them as they are usually a disaster (nobody keeps the boxes and the cd cases break and are hard to display) and not a huge portion of our business.

Well... sometimes it's hard to find some old gems that people sometimes trade in. I've seen copies of Ceasar III show up, and other games which aren't in publication any longer.

I got ahold of Imperium Galactica II earlier this year.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Which is why you should buy games you want before they go out of print? No, that couldn't possibly be a sensible thing to do.

Sometimes I get nostalgic... sometimes an old game is lost/broken... sometimes I see an article in a gaming magazine about the awesome experience someone had in an old game that I missed out on.

Lot's of reasons. And I generally do buy every game I want which probably explains my bank account...

I went into a local EB Games on Monday to see if they had F.E.A.R. The PC game section was but one narrow 3ft wide rack buried in the corner. I wouldn't be surprised if the new Gamestop/EB stops selling PC titles altogether. I know now that I will never go back there looking for PC games, it's a wasted trip. They didn't have F.E.A.R. by the way but my local Best Buy had it and Quake4 in abundant quantities on Tuesday.

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

I went into a local EB Games on Monday to see if they had F.E.A.R. The PC game section was but one narrow 3ft wide rack buried in the corner. I wouldn't be surprised if the new Gamestop/EB stops selling PC titles altogether. I know now that I will never go back there looking for PC games, it's a wasted trip. They didn't have F.E.A.R. by the way but my local Best Buy had it and Quake4 in abundant quantities on Tuesday.

Yeah, it's getting really depressing. I went into my usual gamestop store to pick up serious sam II on sunday and in only a matter of a week or so the PC section which has now been permenantly relegated to the back of the store is now only 3 racks which was 4 the last time I was there. Same thing with Serious Sam II they didn't have it either but I did find it at a Best Buy right across the street from them.