Star Trek Legacy

Cruis.In

boy if they had taken 3 years to develop a game like UC in the trek universe, they'd be back ordered forever. 3 years and no trek game, the community will buy anything.

And its bad. nothing redeeming about it. Ill just wade through the single player and be done with it, like a one time movie.

I managed to find a copy at my local EB today and picked it up.

I've played a bit into the first campaign and it's okay....IMHO a mere okay. Graphics-wise I think that the Starfleet Command series is better.

As for the voice acting, well, it doesn't seem like they put a lot of effort into the acting. Sounds to me like they are reading right from the script, literally, without putting much emotion in to it.

-Sho

That's disappointing to hear.

I had a feeling that it wouldn't live up to the hype.

I wish someone would develop a Lost In Space game.

Then I could use the Robot to fry Doctor Smith's ass over and over. Just to release my frustration from all the crap the publishers are pushing on us nowadays.

DANGER! DANGER! Doctor Smith BZZZZZT!

You can tell the PC version is merely a 360 port. Starfleet Command 3 beats this game hands-down except for the fact that it is no longer officially supported because of that lawsuit.

activision sued paramount in 2003, claiming they no longer support the star trek franchise because no t.v series and no movies were coming out, so they sued to be released from the contract, among other things.

hence why no trek games since then.

Yeah, about a month after SFC3 was released (with only 1 patch) there was a big lawsuit between Activision and Paramount. This halted distribution of the game - so to find it now online will cost you $50 - $80 depending on website. There have been several community patches/mods. I was involved with one of the mods, but haven't played the game in awhile as it is a pain to get it to work under XP SP 2 and DirectX 9.

I enjoyed it - but it was not as deep as SFC1 or SFC2.

Basically consumers got screwed on that deal because the game would not work once the jump was made from DirectX 8.1 without community hacking and patching.

Star Trek Legacy feels like a poor 360 port, and the graphics quality isn't even my biggest beef with the game. It is the fact that you can look in the install directory and see source header files from STAR TREK ARMADA from 1998 for the AI. This probably explains why the AI is really stupid in most tactical scenarios.

It feels as if this game was delayed not so that they could improve gameplay - but merely so they could finish all the voice overs. I have to admit - the only 10 score I would give this game is in the sound department. Everything else (Tactical options, complexity, etc.) is poor.

It is like Star Trek Bridge Commander and StarFleet Command 3 had a baby, but they were siblings so the baby is mentally handicapped and deformed.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

. But I have to say that I agree with him on all counts.

What I want to know is how you knew it was going to suck? If memory serves you said so at a time when only a few screenshots of the game were available. I was going to get this game, now I won't.

And you also predicted that the ST MMO game will suck....

Most MMO's DO suck

Because the developers don't pay attention to there costumers and give what the COSTUMERS want (IE - the people who give you your paychecks)

Saddly, I was really looking forward to this game and was going to get it for christmax for two of my friends, but now after reading 'that' review... umm... no... the last thing I want is for my two friends to come a knockin at my door with razor blades the size of a car.

http://startrek.bethsoft.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4155

my review, what kills the game is lack of replayability...

alot of people like it alot of people don't

a demo would have let the people that dont decide not to buy it.... so... we wouldn't have had much complaints except from the "could have been" from owners.