Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Westinghouse 27" HDLCD monitor

-Athlon 64 @ 2.52ghz

-Nforce 6100 based mobo

-2GB Ram

-250GB SATAII hard drive

and drum roll....

sapphire X1800XTOC Edition @ 700mhz core 1600mhz DDR

I have started replaying all my games at 1280x720 (16:9) with 6x FSAA, Adaptive AA, and 8x HQ mode AF.

Let me tell ya, its freakin saaawwwwwweeet.

Sounds like a pretty sweet gaming system. Just upgraded mine too. You can catch it over here:

My Rig

I am going to get another gig of ram though. I only got the one right now since I wasn't too sure about it all.

I can imagine the visuals you are getting between the video card and the 27" hd monitor.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

On a sad note, i have noticed that this flat screen does have some ghosting issues. I didnÔÇÖt notice it at fist, and you cant see it in all games. Games like Fear, or certain CS levels show it more. Now that i can see it, i am noticing it a lot more.

It stands out with higher frame rate and dark on light colors. Also stationary models in the game like tables, chairs and running payers on occasion. Its not enough to affect the whole look of the game. Mostly everything looks crisp and beautiful. but there is a little band of transparent rainbow after image a few mm wide.

Games like Madden 2003 look fantasitc, games like FEAR show it the worst.

So now the struggle becomes getting over it somehow. 800$ is a lot of cash for a screen to have ghosting issues.

IIRC it has to do with the speed at which the LCD can change between two colors. As you noted, it;ll be more apparent in games with high contrast. After awhile I tend to filter it out and not notice it unless I look for it.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Its 16ms. Which is pretty standard for these bigger HDTV types.

Wierd thing is at bestbuy they are using this exact screen to demo Xbox 360 and I tested it yesterday through a few demos and never saw any ghosting at all. They are using the 3 cable HD hookup.

is that diffrent than using the DVI?