The Escapist - Walmart Rules

I predict that now that Sam Walton is gone, and the average Walmart employee doesn't even speak english, they will eventually follow Sears & K-Mart into bankruptcy within the next 20 years.

True Story...

I went to Walmart in Boynton Beach for the Midnight Launch of the Xbox 360. After waiting around for a bit, we were told, "Sorry, it seems that our employees STOLE all the Xboxes, we only have the games"

The biggest problem with "Big Box" outfits, is that they lose way too much money in "Shrink", which basically is lost merchandise due to theft, employee theft, and errors in transactions (mostly from incoming inventory). while Walmart has done an exemplary job in the latter, with their computerized inventory controls, it's only a matter of time before the first 2 catch up to them. The more they try to rely on lower and lower cost labor to get the job done, the more problems they will have with both theft and employee theft and this will eventually bring the company down. Sam Walton kept the employees motivated with frequent pay raises and a generous stock purchase plan, so they attracted some of the best employees in Retail, once both of those incentives were gone, after Sam Died, Walmart has had a hard time recruiting new employees. Go to the average Super Walmart these days and there will be a sign proclaiming that they're hiring 50 cashiers. In the end they end up hiring the least employable people, because that's all that is left and unfortunately, these are the same types of people that have a high incidence of theft and carelessness. Personally, I refuse to shop there anymore and I'm sure there are thousands, if not millions like me who have already given up on them.

I find it saddening how walmart keeps getting busted for hiring illegal aliens, and nothing really ever seems to be done about it or them.

Also, sorry, I'll try to find the link to add, but there was a VERY good excerpt from a book(IIRC) on slashdot about the man who said no to Walmart.

The Man Who Said No to Walmart

I've only been in a Walmart once in Canada. There aren't any very close by to me, but there are at least 3 Targets close by, as well as several other similar chain stores, e.g. Meijer, etc.

BTW: What's the other chain store that Walmart owns(or does it)?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I never have - and never will - shop at Walmart. If I need something that they have, I go to Target instead.

Before I moved to where I am now, I lived by the same policy. Unfortunately, in the smaller town I'm currently residing in, Walmart is all we have for a lot of items. Kmart went bankrupt, and the smaller businesses have all gone bankrupt as well by Walmart. Wally World has killed this towns economy.

Its really sad, since this is such a great little town, but none of the local businesses (except restaurants) can compete with the prices, so most of us in town have to shop there because there is nowhere else.

Guest Grayfox

heh thats funny cause i wont shop at either wally world OR target. i figure i can get what i need thru the combination of kfart, sears, jc penny etc...

Sad? You better believe it's sad, pretty soon the only way to get by in this world will be to either go into the military (which I no longer have luxury of thanks to this damn injury) or to find other alternate ways of making money

So it's not just Wal Mart that is guilty of hiring illegal aliens, there are A LOT of other places doing it as well

• 2 weeks later...