EA, GameStop lead game-stock decline

Typical market adjustments. Maybe some of you more involved in the industry have a more informed take, but IMO this is typical of the transition from current gen to next gen. Many of the best games have not been released yet and many more are still being developed. Factor in the long declining PC market and voila'

Without going onto any details..around the same time I got hooked on BC3kad, my wife suggested there might be other nuts out thier willing to part with cash to spend hours staring at a screen punching keys. Lets just say that while I despise the business practices of certain large Gaming concern based in N Calif..I'm not a fool and bought a decent little batch of shares. And I aint sellin mine adjustment or no.

Guess that makes me a hypocrite huh?

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Typical market adjustments. Maybe some of you more involved in the industry have a more informed take, but IMO this is typical of the transition from current gen to next gen. Many of the best games have not been released yet and many more are still being developed. Factor in the long declining PC market and voila'

Without going onto any details..around the same time I got hooked on BC3kad, my wife suggested there might be other nuts out thier willing to part with cash to spend hours staring at a screen punching keys. Lets just say that while I despise the business practices of certain large Gaming concern based in N Calif..I'm not a fool and bought a decent little batch of shares. And I aint sellin mine adjustment or no.

Guess that makes me a hypocrite huh?

Right on ... kinda. I think it has a bit to do with the media having WAY too much influence over EVERYTHING in our society. NY Times predicts bad ... bad occurs BECAUSE of said prediction.

I personally think the media should stick to reporting on what HAS happened versus what they think WILL happen when it comes to publically traded businesses because the influence they have is ridiculous.

I mean, it wasn't so long ago that the media was touting Enron and many people could make the argument that they wouldn't have invested in THAT scam without the media's input.

Bottom line: when it comes to business either the media sticks to reporting what HAPPENED or it should be responsible for what HAPPENS due to their reporting.

Couldnt agree more. Though may stray to posting off topic.. the influence of the media has become too powerful and had had a negative effect on all entertainment inc Gaming. The expectations set due to media hype make all but the abosolute best games and movies seem to be a disappointments, This also would seem to affect decision making since everyone wants a block buster and is afraid to develop something that isnt going to be the next Halo. It is not inconcievable that one day we will have about 20 movie franchises all making sequels with no room for small movies, and on the gaming end we have Madden 2012 with the new twist being " You are the referee!" with mini games for ref school. Jeez what a world we live in.