Star Trek Encounters

Oops, my bad, Encounters is for PS2 and Legacy is for XBox 360 and PC, but it looks like Legacy is going to be the one that appeals to us, it's an RTS, whereas Encounters is an arcade style shooter.

well this is more just pure arcade stuff than sim. I am looking forward to legacy, but it'll last what? 9 hours of gameplay? if multiplayer is great then yeh, but i get bored of ordinary multiplayer after a while.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

well this is more just pure arcade stuff than sim. I am looking forward to legacy, but it'll last what? 9 hours of gameplay? if multiplayer is great then yeh, but i get bored of ordinary multiplayer after a while.

I still play the instant action in klingon academy. I've never gotten bored of that.

heh klingon academy, i still have it. it was quite fun all those years ago. I loved when I got help from another klingon ship which decloaked firing at the unsuspecting dweeb attacking me.

spindocktor, if you don't see how for star trek, then the same must go for the rest of the games we speak of, because all are vastly different.

and you forget we are star trek fans as well as BC. The game might not neccessarily have attracted any of us, but the name, i know for sure were it some other unknown franchise i wouldn't be looking at it.

even Derek himself was a star trek fan before BC!

it started all things space

properly at least.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

and you forget we are star trek fans as well as BC. The game might not neccessarily have attracted any of us, but the name, i know for sure were it some other unknown franchise i wouldn't be looking at it.

I'm a fan of anything space related. Freespace, BC/UC, Star Trek, Star Wars, X series, Wing Commander, Space Quest etc... Well, as long as it is done well.

quote:

spindocktor, if you don't see how for star trek, then the same must go for the rest of the games we speak of, because all are vastly different.

Ok, fair enough. I guess I am still waiting for the holy grail of Star Trek gaming, something along the lines of BC/UC depth set in the ST universe. It doesn't look like Bethesda is nuts enough to attempt it.

Although they certainly do push the envelope with the Elder Scrolls series. Its just disappointing they don't give their new ST license the same treatment. Instead they seem to be going for the quick license cash grab.

quote:

I guess I am still waiting for the holy grail of Star Trek gaming, something along the lines of BC/UC depth set in the ST universe

i've been saying that for years. anyhow, we can only hope that star trek online is a "good game" ill settle for good. and longevity in terms of fun.

but they were supposed to do BETA this year and release next year. Well try beta next year (hopefully) and release in 2008. If that comes out before 2008 ill be a little surprised.

they are still adding to their development team...