Company Of Heroes

Guest Grayfox

Guest Grayfox

Company of Heroes

all i can say about this game is wow... solid WW2 rts. matter of fact it reminds me alot of a mix between EAW and AoE. Graphics are straight beautiful, and the sound kicks ass, and so far the campaign is great (im trying to wipe out the coastal guns in Cherbourg), and the single player skirmishes are badass as well.

unit types are cool... engineers actually do engineer stuff, putting in mines, barbed wire, tanktraps, sandbag revetments... you have airborne infantry, rangers, rifle squads, mortar teams (kickass in a 80mm tube), snipers, machine gun crews... you can also upgrade your existing units IE paratroops can upgrade to carry a 57mm recoiless rifle to hit armor with, engineers can carry flamethrowers, and your infantry units can also pick up dropped enemy crew served weps like MG42's, PAK anti tank guns, and panzerschreks.

Armor units are cool as well. you got the standard M4 sherman (which you can upgrade to carry the 76mm AP cannon), you also have the m4 crocodile which has a built in flamethrower, and you have a mine clearer M4 complete with chain flail in front.

as per usual rts you need certain bldgs to build certain stuff IE you need barracks to build infantry, weapon support center to build snipers, machine gun crews, and mortar teams, supply depot in order to build a motor pool or tank depot, you need a motor pool to build halftracks and armored cars, and of course you need the tank depot to build your tanks.

whew... all in all an awesome game graphics, sound and gameplay wise. a bit of warning tho... i have an ATI radeon 9550 vid card and i sometimes get graphics resets lol so make sure you got a pretty decent vid card to get the most out of this awesome game.

Guest Grayfox

as an aside note... you need to farm resources to build your stuff... in this case you capture fuel and ammo points that give x amount of points. you also have to capture strategic points that link your areas together to keep everything in supply. This and the capturing of enemy weapons really took this game over the top for me.

man... glad i have the next few days off, ill need to have an IV going and a catheter inserted