JoWood Buys Dreamcatcher

Supreme Cmdr

Thats what happens when you continue to screw developers. Before long, they'll be but a memory.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=2562

Be sure to stick around for the commentary. This one is my favorite and I quote

quote:

"DreamCatcher is very excited about joining forces with JoWooD"

LMAO that made me laugh for real funniest thing i've seen all day. Thats like Crap and Diarrhea joining forces no matter what the result will always be CRAP.

Haha oh man if they make Gothic 4 you can expect no beds,chairs,fire places. Unless you wait 5 months and pay $70 for a Collectors edition.

It just figures that they'd bury this in a Saturday PR which hardly anyone will get to see. Sneaky bastards.

Publishers who make is a HABIT of SCREWING over developers tend to GO OUT OF BUSINESS. Why? Well because given how small the industry really is, word gets around and before long you no longer have ANY game to publish. When you see the likes of the long forgotten, on again, off again, FUEL (they screwed those poor guys over too apparently) show up on a company's catalog, you know they're digging the bottom of the pile.

The list of devs that DC has screwed over is as long as my, uhm, arm. The guys who gave them the awesome Painkiller (which was brought on board by my good friend Brian Gladman, now at Hasbro) was their only significant non-adventure hit. Now guess where those guys are? Yep, with THQ where I'm sure they'll be treated well and actually PAID for their work.

Those bastards still owe us money and they haven't paid us any royalties in over a year now, even though we still keep getting (incorrect) royalty statements showing that we are due monies. And we're not alone either.

This deal is nothing but paper and eventually DC will cease to exist because those primaries (DC is a privately held company) will most likely cash out, leaving Jowood holding the bag. Then again, the Jowood shares aren't anything to write home about either.

It is a worthless deal and my guess is that the Jowood PR is right on target: they only needed the North American retail publishing access to which DC has. I guess it meant a few pennies to them to have it.

[ 11-08-2006, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

SC, I don't want to seem out of turn, but I imagine my hatred for JoWood(The publisher of the non-existent Stargate SG-1:Alliance) is second only to yours of DC.

Perception is no different, I don't care who dropped the ball. It should NOT have happened. Now I get a MMO? That's ridiculous.

No MMO in my lifetime will EVER be better than playing a single/co-op game of squad-tactics with friends and no one play as J@$k O-N3i1 or some other nonsense.