Supreme Commander

Raziel

About my profile - I've since forgotten my UC key, which is at my parents place, so I can't update my system spec. I've now got 1GB of RAM and a Geforce 6600 GT, I'd certainly not try to run the game with only 512mb of RAM

It appears that I've been able to solve the crash bug by updating my sound drivers, and then setting sound hardware acceleration to 'basic'. I'm now two missions into the game without any problems, and it's a lovely game at that!

Well the requirements only call for 512 but I believe game publishers give you the absolute minimum on the requirements to increase sales. I could be wrong.

I don't think the thing is released in the U.S. until the 20th of this month. Anybody know any different?

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up the game yesterday and I've got to say that I like it. It certainly isn't a C&C Clone or a Dune 2 clone (Dune 1 was an adventure game, which was actually pretty cool , not an RTS. Dune 2 was the first RTS you guys speak of) I've had no trouble running it and I've got to say its pretty cool. None of the units in the game are Uber enough to where you could swarm the enemy with just 1 or 2 types. You have to use your units together on a massive scale in order to win the day. The single player missions are pretty cool the way each objective reveals more of the map so you're playing several levels on the same map with the same base and units one after the other without having to load the game. And of course, the super units are cool as heck. Who doesn't want a submarine aircraft carrier or a giant spider robot with a microwave cannon ? ^_^ My personal favorite is the artillery cannon that can shoot clear across the map with pinpoint accuracy.

Alls I'm saying is, if you think this is a C&C or WC3 rip off give it a chance. There isn't any game on the market that comes close to this sort of almost global combat. The interface itself is a dream come true. You can actually give your units all sorts of useful orders for example a bomber squadron can be grouped together and ordered to attack 25 diffrent targets with a group of fighters defending them along the way and they will carry out the orders perfectly. Every other game you have to be there to order your bombers onto the next target.

Also you can set up ferry systems with your transports so that any unit built at a factory is wisked away to the front lines or you can set up ferry points in the battle field itself to wisk units from one attack point to the other if one side needs back up. Instead of chasing down each unit and trying to find tranports with room all you have to do is order the units you want moved to the ferry point and the system will load and transport them for you with any transport you've ordered onto that point O.o VERY useful. Any how, I think the game is just great and I've never played TA so I'm no fan boy.

Awesome game! My only complaint is it does bog down when you get a lot of units in play. I have 2 Gig of memory, a 2.8 Pentium, and a X850XT. You'd think I wouldn't have any trouble.

True true, I ran a game with 8 players and it did bog down. However I do have to say that it never became unplayable and it didn't crash. If any of you guys ever wanna play a multiplayer match sometime lemme know. I'm Serodnal on AIM ect.