enlighten me

Cruis.In

It has been known for whatever reasons that PC gaming is on the decline.

It has been known console games sell more.

So I have a couple questions and need some clarity.

Why make games for PC anymore?

Why do double release like Xbox and PC?

It seems almost all types of games are becoming accessible and playable on the console now, and soon many a keyboard and mouse will be made for and used so that you don't only have a controller, so an in depth sim like X3 Reunion or Universal Combat could be released on it.

Advantage being you sell more, the hardware can support the more processor intensive games now and you can still get the kayboard mouse gameplay....

1. People are more likely to have a PC ( or a mac ) then a console.

2. PC's are still the most powerful gaming platform and will always be the most powerful.

A console might be able to match or beat an 'average' rig's capabilities but it will decisively lose that edge before half of it's life cycle.

PC's are also easily upgradable, you can't upgrade a console short you are tech head. Whereas most anyone who can read an instruction manual can upgrade a PC.

Show me how you can upgrade your X Box to keep up with the latest enhancements. PS3... XBox 360 - already behind the times with DirectX 10 on the way. At least with a PC you don't have to buy a new one every time some new tech comes out.

by the time you have to get another console its like 3 years, more than enough time to save for it, and only another 400 u,s compared to another PC or an upgrade of a graphics card for a pc which is itself 400 u.s for the best.

and the console can play any game coming down the line for PC or handle it.

For affordability in gaming, go console.

For supreme gaming - go PC. If you have the money to indulge your habit - there is no reason not to play the most graphics intensive games on a PC.