Games For Windows

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Its a farce. MS just wants to sell Vista to gamers.

Of course they do.

It's the next step in thier plans to corner the digital entertainment market.

Wait, corner is a little extreme and sets them up for another round of monopoly litigation. Let's just say that they are looking for the lion's share of the market, As well as major control of content creation for both platforms.

I have news for Bill and Co. I already own a 360 and I see no reason whatsoever to go changing my OS for thier benefit, with little if any gain for me.

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

The problem, Wolferz, is that after next month - all upcoming games will be for Vista only.

I foresee the down-fall of PC gaming as we know it......

Let's see, most publishers didn't announce dropping support for Windows 2000 until around the same time that Vista Beta was coming out. So I think it will be at least 5 to 10 years before support for Windows XP is dropped by most publishers.

Oh and one other thing, my game of choice is EVE, and while EVE Officially dropped support for Windows 2000, it actually plays better on my Windows 2000 machine than it does on my WinXP machine, and they both have the same amount of memory, same processor and same motherboard. The only thing different is the Sound card on my Win2K machine doesn't work well with WinXP so I didn't upgrade that machine because of that.

I'm watching this as more than just a marketing ploy. Anyone familiar with X Box Live knows how seamless of an experience it is for patching/matchmaking. If Microsoft can bring the same thing to the PC in terms of compatability, support, and with "Windows Live" - I would think it might revive PC gaming as a respected medium in the retail area.

• 1 month later...