Mortal Kombat: Evil Video Game Documentary

Guest $iLk

Guest Devin Long

I believe it all, in a way the Video game "world" as we may call it is now becoming another Dimension!! No one probably things that dimensions exist, but this is a good clue to one being there... What Videos games are doing now, instead of ten years ago when Nintendo when Mario Brothers came out, is that they are putting our minds into an out of body kind of experience, where your worries are no longer about the world around you, but of the world inside the game. More and more people, especially the younger youth of this Generation, are getting accustomed to coming home after school or work, and letting out their aggression by killing hordes of aliens, or shooting innocent bistanders walking down the street! Now Im not saying everyone who plays these games are gonna become psycopaths, but there are select few individuals that take it that one step further, either because of anger, or psycological problems. I wouldn't agree to have to stop making these kinds of games anymore because then it would piss off a lot of people, but what "can" we do about those select few who take it that one step further???

The moral mushmouths will sit around and point the finger at anything and everything, in a vain attempt to identify the cause/s of negative behavior. Then they will send the Jack Thompsons to clog our courts with useless litigation. Again in a vain attempt to arrest one of mankind's most basic instincts. There will always be violent people among us and it doesn't have a damned thing to do with video games, movies, or Television.

What can we do about those select few? Same thing we've always done. Have the police beat the crap out of them or kill them during the arrest process.

And we wonder why some peeps go postal.....

perhaps a 9 year old playing a game where killing cops is rewarded and fun can hurt that pysche of that kid. I remember playing doom from as early as 11 or so, but that was monstours...

has a nine year old reached the stage where he can separate himself? Yeah he knows right from wrong, but he doesn't have very deep intellectual thoughts of it from then.

And perhaps some can be badly negetively influenced.

But from 16 and up... its ridiculous to believe that a violent video game can influence someone to do violent things unless some sort of disorder was present from before.

Meaning you were bad already

And we see that it's not games that do the damage it's parents lack of supervision. My 9 year old won't be shooting people in a game. Well maybe he might, but they'll be baddies

But thats where parenting comes in. I think most parents, if they knew what their kids were playing, would tell their kids to stop. My parents never allowed me to play Doom until I was 11... I couldn't even play Mortal Kombat until I was 11. There are PLENTY of kid safe games out there; I played Railroad Tycoon, Sim City, and other games until I was 11. There were even some action games... I remember playing GODS until I had to go to sleep on the Amiga... I believe I was actually 9 at the time. My parents played EVERY game I ever touched until I was 11, and that includes Mario, Sonic, even MS Flight Simulator.

A 9 year old playing GTA isn't proof of a society of killers... its proof of a society of baby factories rather than parents.

Guest Devin Long

All in all, I still say no matter what, it is a pre existing condition that contributes to the behavior of a pre-teen, teen, and adult. Maybe yes, the parents neglected them, or beat them, or molested them but yet, it depends on that persons mind and physiology on what he/she is going to do with what they are givin a.k.a video games, gangs, friends who do drugs, going into the army, or just trying to get through school! Which ever path is chosen can be corrected, and for select few that may have chemical imbalances, or that may have psycological or physiolical problems it is not the fault of anyone else but themselves for what happens, because of freedom of choice... It is their choice. Im not talking about any declarations or scripts of certain countries, I mean the universal law of own choice; anyone or anything that can think for themselves falls in that category, self thinking beings. It depends on that being what is going to happen to them, yes outside forces incourage them, A.K.A Parents (bad parenting, neglect, abuse, not being there) or friends (drugs, peer pressure) but yet most of us come through with the right decision on what to do, and if we fail once or twice we recover and learn from our mistakes to keep on going for the best of ourselves, if not self destruct in a way that we have learned from what we have seen....